POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

And I thought you were going to run away with the championship, now it feels like you should have been a play in.

GahLee likes this.
  2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Audience is bored.

3. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Nothing on the Trump spy news?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's all part of the grift. Just like rushing someone into the Treasury who suddenly thinks Congress can't get tax records. Just like Trump was going to release his tax records. And the Mueller report. All part of the grift.

5. cpninja

cpninja Member

Betsy DeVos is evil

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's fulfilling the GOP's education agenda. So ya.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep, another banner week for his Twittering. There's this one, too:

Then, there was the more serious one about Ilhan Omar, which was particularly reprehensible, even for him.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Thank goodness for the adults (or maybe not, depending on your perspective)....

From Mueller:

"The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said.​

11. TennTradition

On the fact that Mueller couldn’t say no obstruction;

The investigation was unable to clear the President on obstruction. The report states that the evidence obtained "about the about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred."​

12. TennTradition

But most importantly, no evidence of collusion:

The special counsel's investigation into possible collusion found that members of the Trump campaign knew they would benefit from Russia's illegal actions to influence the election, but didn't take criminal steps to help, Robert Mueller's report said.​

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Searching for needles to claim some sort of victory?!?

No matter how you slice it the Mueller Report is not the Trump takedown that so many predicted.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see anything vindicating about it. the only reason it isn't a takedown is because of politics. that's it.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. TennTradition

Me? What part of what I posted would suggest that?

The only needle searching in an attempt to claim victory was TD pulling up old posts that ultimately failed because they didn’t reveal the bias and hysteria that he thought they would.

17. TennTradition

It’s funny because the report clearly stated that they can’t say no obstruction.

18. TennTradition

I get that to an extent because of Barr and the can’t be obstruction of no collusion angle, which isn’t a solid argument. First and foremost because the investigation wasn’t limited to collusion.

However, the report (to the extent I’ve read) isn’t a takedown and the actions fell far short of what imaginations and the media had built them up to potentially be. When it comes to illegal acts, they were not tied to Russia to the extent that could be proved. I’m sure the financial crimes would be different - but I also think that there is no way that type of investigation (which takes years and years) will ever be able to really proceed against a sitting or former president.

So in the end, yeah....Trump comes out Ok.

VolDad likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

yep, because he is President, it will not proceed.

20. TennTradition

But that’s just the financial piece.

If there was something to the Russia angle that was significant and could be proved, Mueller would have come down hard. It’s significant that he didn’t.

VolDad likes this.