POLITICS Trump: Problem Solver

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 12, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I only think families should be split up when children are in danger because of their parents.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, if the parent is abusing or an active threat, by all means take action.

What we need is judicial reform to speed up these processes, which would mean more judges in part.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All the sanctuary cities have to do is welcome then and Trump falls on his face.

Instead, they scream no, validating Donald Trump.

Tenacious D and tvolsfan like this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

In fairness, if it means thousands a week in a few cities that could be overwhelming. If you are that city, could you handle it? Going back to the idea that the sanctuary for many of these cities wasn’t a political statement or effort to get more illegal aliens but rather to effectively police their population and accept that there are a number of illegal aliens that are a part of their community.

I got what TD is saying in that there is still a political tilt. And that for some cities that may be the only reason. But dumping thousands of illegal aliens on them is basically the federal government trying to punish the cities into federal cooperation that the cities think is an overreach and something they shouldn’t have to do. It wasn’t just about checking status of those that got arrested but also about round up and hold for ICE. Local authorities in some areas had problems with it and I get that. And I do think it made their job harder. And that wasn’t a Trump thing. It happened under W, it happened under Obama.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

There is a very real legal question as well. An ICE detainer warrant does not necessarily require a probable cause basis. Cities that comply with ICE detainers are putting their cities at risk for constitutional violations and thus money damages.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Looks like a win-win for Trump, IMO.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can start tomorrow, and will guarantee that my hearings will require no more than :30, on average.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s the best and most hilarious part - they don’t actually want them in their neighborhoods (unless temporarily, as gardeners, housekeepers and sitters), but they want them in yours, instead, whether you like or want it, or not.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I wish JG lived in a sanctuary city just for the hilarity of this sermon.

Tenacious D likes this.