Spread the Sound

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Apr 18, 2019.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Want to do something different here. Give me an unknown artist you listen to, someone relatively unknown. I'm always looking for good music. I'll start.

Coheed and Cambria. A group that has been around for awhile now, had some notoriety earlier in the careers but have settled down nicely with a passionate fan base. Hard to categorize them in to a genre or style.

The vast majority of their music is based off of a graphic comic book that Claudio Sanchez (lead singer/guitarist) and his wife created. This is where the band name comes from, Coheed and Cambria are the two main characters in the comic book.

Now, I'll link a few of their songs. If you enjoy let me know and leave a suggestion for me.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, it's metal. I mean I'm out on the current list of catagories, but I'd call it metal.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

4. GahLee

Nope. Not even close. Metal doesn't adhere to melody. Coheed is progressive EMO? I'm not sure but there is entirely too much thought put into their music for it to be metal. Every album is a "concept album", every song, every note is in relation to the story told in the comic book. It is remarkable they have been able to do this for so many years.

5. GahLee

SRV is all I can think. Dude is uber talented for sure, can sing his ass off and he has real chops on the guitar. I will have to hear more for sure. Thanks.

RockyHill likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How are you defining metal or melodic? Were you around for the 80s?

7. GahLee

This song kills me. All I can hear when I listen to this is my friends voice from the I need advice thread. Speaks to his situation a lot. Also a really cool video that gives a small peak in to the world they created.

8. GahLee

Eh, I don't count hair metal as real music. haha. When I think of metal I think of Slayer and the such. Coheed can be heavy in their own right. Some really dark material and lyrics but overall they push boundaries that make them hard to call metal.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unknown artist and the first song posted has been listened to almost 50 million times on Spotify?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wifes goal with chemo now done is 50 bands before her 50th next february. I havent heard of quite a few of the ones we are going to, but am looking forward to it.

warhammer, GahLee and utvol0427 like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Concerts for 50 different bands? That will be impressive.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I believe she's counting opening acts and however many seen at Pilgrimage too. And here quite often. Symphony playing the music of Queen counts too. Great atmosphere and sound at Ascend
    https://www.ascendamphitheater.com/events

15. GahLee

Relatively unknown. I probably account for a million of those plays. Most people have never heard of them.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve heard of them but never really listened to them. I’d certainly put them in the more obscure category, but hey, guess we gotta argue about that too

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Check out Baby Shark on YouTube

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thanks to you I finally looked up this song/video.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its catchy

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gary Clark Jr