POLITICS Drug Prices

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Indy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Great. Now im going to have to break out my blu ray and watch it. Best movie of the teens. Maybe the best of the century so far.

On a side note, give kmf some credit. Lawmakers made the rules to fix the previously broken rules. How many new sets of lawmakers' rules are we away from seeing that lovely day you describe above? Obviously we'd like to think generations and crises away, and that's probably right.

Nevertheless, it remains that we continue to ask all over again of government to fix problems with government that government in large part created.

kmf600 likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's a pretty big gulf between maybe rolling back governmental roles that are over reaching, and anarchy.

But if I had to side with one over the other. I'd error closer to anarchy than the other way in most cases, because people are generally good and will do the right thing over time.

Maybe not at the speed that you want or demand, but that's a different story.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anarchy will eventually end up with government (whatever form) control.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Unfortunately all large enterprises (government and private sector) have beaucratic inefficiencies and seemingly stupid and wasteful processes baked in.

I worked for a highly recognized global company for 33 years. One that you would expect not to do stupid shit. Procurement, purchasing, supply chain (or whatever fancy name that is in vogue) seemed to be magnets for such dumbassery. I have a brother at the USDA and it was amazing how the issues were similar to those at my corporation.

kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

procurement, budget and fiefdom problems exist in any large corporation.

Poppa T likes this.