POLITICS Buttilicious

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Apr 18, 2019.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I couldn’t care less about whether Mayor Pete is gay or not... my problem is with the folks who will vote for him solely BECAUSE he’s gay. This rush to elect the first woman, or first black, or first gay, or whatever (first reality TV star...) isn’t good enough. America has been so busy breaking down perceived (or real) barriers it has become perfectly OK to elect people who have few other qualifications beside fitting into a certain people group. He’ll have his people (like Trump has his, and Obama, Sanders, Bush, both Clintons and and and... before him) that will support him and make every justification for that support imaginable but the honest truth is that he’ll be their guy for one reason and one reason only.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Fair point. I assume you feel the same about people who will not vote for him solely because he's gay. I'd wager this group will be at least equal with the folks you mention.

It's absolutely fair to point out sexuality lifted his profile like a Falcon 9 booster—especially on the Democratic side. However, he is so much more than who he loves, and those attributes are keeping him in the top tier. May last, may not. I know many folks believe him unqualified and in a traditional sense they are right, but we are now in a period where qualification is becoming much more subjective. I believe him qualified and it has zero to do with him being gay other than perhaps the insight it may have provided him into the experience of marginalized communities.

Poppa T and Savage Orange like this.
  6. Savage Orange

Absolutely. Single issue voters (of ANY persuasion) are the worst type. I firmly believe that we have been saddled with both Obama and Trump (and had Hillary won, I’d feel the same about her) because of single issue voters. If someone held out Pete’s sexuality as the sole reason for NOT voting for him I say that’s as despicable as someone who was against Obama simply because of his skin color or somebody who voted for Trump simply (no pun intended...) because of his stance on immigration.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama was a good president. you'd have said you were saddled with Hillary had she won against either of them.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He was awful

9. Savage Orange

At best he was mediocre. At best.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

slowing economic recovery off a recession in american history.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I despise single issue voters, and I always make sure to vote against whomever they support, above all else.

gcbvol likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

1. You’re insane.

2. I’m actually hoping for the second black POTUS, so that historians can start being honest about how truly terrible Obama was, and it not be immediately denounced as simple racism.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

you might say it is your sole focus...

warhammer and gcbvol like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel the same way regarding Chester A. Arthur and his facial hair.

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tough but fair.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m voting for Trump this election cycle because I support his infrastructure plan.

I want to make this very clear that I am ONLY voting for him for this ONE SINGLE reason.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i do enjoy seeing him piss people off. and i definitely don't want bernie or whoever derailing this economy.

18. Savage Orange

Ivanka has a better chance at getting elected than Bernie... the Sanders phenomenon is dead, thank goodness.

19. Tenacious D

That’s all it takes.

20. Tenacious D

I’ll bet you’re the only person who feels this way.