Ever had one of those days?????

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, May 20, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Started off getting a call early that my brother-in-law had fallen because of a possible stroke. He had a liver transplant approximately 1 1/2 years ago and hasn't had the greatest of health since. We make it to the emergency room where they had taken him. About an hour later we find out that my mother-in-law has fallen in her home. She's 78. Well we drive back to my inlaws to help get her up. When we get there we discover that she has dislocated her shoulder. We finally get to leave the ER at 4:15. They were in back to back rooms. Prayers if you will!

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well, I'll take a dislocated shoulder over a broken hip any day of the week, but I understand that neither would be preferable. I hope all goes well...any word on whether or not it was a stroke?

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Sending prayers, OV.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

They did a catscan and it didn't show anything. He has an MRI wednesday. My mom has had multiple strokes and he shows the same systems that she has shown. Confused speech, right hand drawn up, right side of mouth drooping.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sure sounds like a stroke. How long between incident and scan? Sometimes CTs don't pick up smaller ones or ones in certain areas of the brain. Hopefully MRI gives you more info.

Shootfire, though. That is a rough day. Glad they are now in care and will hopefully be ok.

Last edited: May 20, 2012