Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Over-under two weeks before Sarri is sacked and Lampard is named as his replacement?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That would be a Chelsea move

3. NorrisAlan

Fa cup final is on ESPN+.

[uck fay]ing Disney

4. NorrisAlan

So long, Vincent Kompany. You will be missed.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's really annoying when we win the Meisterschalle after a really enjoyable end to the season and the glory hunters all just regurgitate the same tired line "where's the CL trophy?" Coincidentally they're either Latino(probably James fans) or Middle Eastern. You see any of this from City fans Norris?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s only about 14 city fans over the age of 17

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s the same with Juventus though, at some point winning the league is just not enough

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, I could understand if Juve fans were mad this year. My problem is that this isn't the year to be asking those questions. Next year it's perfectly valid to, but this year just seems low tier at best when people are asking why a team with a declining pair of center backs and a keeper who's had his worst year at the club couldn't keep one of the best, if not the best attacking trio's in the world from scoring in their place, where they just scored [uck fay]ing four to keep Barcelona and the worlds greatest player out of the final. On top of that, pretty sure Bayern's last two exits were Liverpool this year(finalists), and Real last year(finalists). The four years before that they were a semi finalists and only lost to the losing finalist once. Bayern has done just fine in Champions League, they just drew the team that was a matchup nightmare for them this year early on. It was a shithouse draw.

9. NorrisAlan

I'm the only City fan that I know, and I don't go to City forums, so I cannot speak to it. That said, if City were to win six EPLs in a row you would probably hear more about CL titles and why we don't have one.

This is the first repeat of an EPL title in ten years, so the novelty hasn't worn off, nor will I think it ever will. The Big Six will always keep it interesting.

10. NorrisAlan

World Cup staying at 32 teams for '22. Thank God.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Shit. Guess we're out again.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Never thought I'd see the likes of Joaquin and Marc Bartra on the turf at Finley Stadium

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ugh could have gone up there, that would have been something

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Betis look like a team that's played 3 games and traveled 3000 miles in a week. And they'll still probably win 8-1. But it's 1-0 to Chattanooga FC

15. JohnnyQuickkick

They made us look terrible in Europa league

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

17. NorrisAlan

It really makes the season special.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wasn't online much this weekend, but what a freaking turnaround for Valencia. Only won once in the first 11 matches (2 losses, 8 draws), were still only a few points off relegation into January and ended up moving into a Champions League spot on matchday 37 and securing UCL on the last day.

Meanwhile, the Copa del Rey run looked doomed 60 minutes into the 2nd leg of the quarterfinals, trailing Getafe 1-0 at home after losing the away leg 1-0, ensuring that they'd need three goals in the last 30 minutes to advance. Rodrigo answers with a hat trick, scoring in the 61st, 92nd, and 93rd minutes to win 3-2 on aggregate. Beat Betis in the semis and then took down Barca in the final this weekend for the first Spanish trophy this decade to someone other than Barca, Madrid, and Atleti.

Still have to make like 40 million to balance the books for FFP, so Rodrigo is probably on the way out this summer, but it's been a hell of a season after an awful start. One of the few examples I've seen where holding onto a manager when the whole fanbase seems to want him out ended up working.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Worst part of losing the Europa League is we’re now one month behind on finding a new manager.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol Emery isn't THE problem and everyone knows it. That back four is atrocious and your midfield is green as [uck fay]. Now that the Dortmund guy is gone and you're not just buying their leftovers, there is a way forward. They need some center backs bad