the_georgia_peach has been blacklisted from VQ for...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, May 21, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

stating that a monkey slinging its own feces could have gotten more out of the 2011 squad than Dooley. What a bag of [unt cay]s that board has turned out to be.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Things are going to get really nasty at the end of the Dooley era, whether it is this season or next.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

[uck fay] them.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's pretty ridiculous to act as if Dooley is so unassailable at this point as to make any criticism of him an act of trolling.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We need to work on the delivery. Info is good, just the delivery may be a tad rough.

JMO IMO IYAM GBO VFL

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Eh, not surprising. Most boards treat it as treason if you post anything against Dooley as though you're disloyal to the Big Orange nation. As you all are probably aware, I was inclined to give our HC the benefit of the doubt before last season started. As the season played out I lost confidence as each game ended. I haven't completely thrown in the towel so to speak but will join the masses here on the 8th in calling for his head if this team doesn't post at least 9 wins this year. We have the talent, depth, and maturity to compete so those are no longer excuses.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Who is the georgia peach?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wonder why it is that Dooley gets such protection. Phil Fulmer was ripped quite regularly and I don't remember him getting quite so much support. He definitely had support, but I don't think it was such a massive, concerted effort to ostracize all detractors.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I, too, was giving him the benefit of the doubt before last season started. With every passing game my confidence dwindled, and then after Kentucky, I had to come over 100% to the dark side. And here I am.

10. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Same here. I actually had no problem with the result of 2010. There were aspects of the game where we lacked talent and it was noticeable, but our players played hard.

I left the Dooley train after the Arkansas game. He allowed his team to quit on him, themselves and the fans. That, IMO, is a fire-able offense. After that game, Dooley has lost my entire support.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pretty much where I was and am.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was Georgia for me.

When I saw our gameplan with essentially three weeks to figure out what to do without Hunter, my verdict was made.

And now the more I hear about Dooley, the sooner I want the change made.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Maybe people are just mortified of another coaching change.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My position exactly.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people talk themselves into any coach that gets hired. that coach then becomes "their guy." if said coach was around before they became a fan he isn't "their guy" in the same way.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yup. As soon as Tennessee ditches Dooley a lot of people defending him will act as if they saw this coming the whole way and probably put blind faith in the next guy.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

My doubts started this past year after he yanked Worley at the beginning of the 4th quarter in the South Carolina game.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think the Dooley defense comes as a result of Lane Kiffin's exit. A large part of the fan base is like a battered woman.

Kiffin dumped them, and they ran to Dooley with open minds and open hearts. Since then, Dooley has consistently berated them, thrown tantrums, and left the toilet seat up, but all they know is he is their man now. He won't run off like Kiffin. Besides his momma, who would have him? They even believe they are so ugly, no other coach would have them.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been saying that for years. Right on.

On a separate note, I'd be interested in having this shit-slinging monkey mentioned in the OP get a crack at an interim position if we let Dooley go early. I think he's got charisma and moxie.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's a dangerous proposition. Before you know it, you have a large portion of the fan base saying you have to give the monkey a full recruiting cycle with no injuries before making any judgement.