2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe, and other things, but we did in last few months receive commits from highly rated kids.
    Not all recruits truly want to work like Grant and Admiral did. Some cant handle the way Barnes is hard on them and are better suited for a less stressful environment. Others dont want Faith in their face every day.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also think the athletes that he sees in the NBA will shut him down on the offensive end.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've never understood the part above in bold. He was the 3rd leading scorer this year on a team that's definitely losing it's 2nd leading scorer and probably it's 1st leading scorer.

If his "breakout" season this year was enough to get him into the draft picture, wouldn't becoming our leading scorer and taking a leadership role on the team be enough to potentially propel him into the first round?

The other reasons all make sense to me.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the combine will benefit him. Can only see it hurting him.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t think that he’s got the mental consistency or physical capability to lead the team in scoring, and and I don’t think that Barnes will allow anything remotely close to the type of run-and-gun offense that would make it even possible with his skill set.

Thoroughbreds make for shitty plow mules.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Neither do NBA scouts, which is why he is projected to go undrafted or late in the second round, at best.

It's also why coming back for a final year to prove them wrong and show that he can do it could potentially benefit him greatly.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe he's okay with making money playing basketball while learning a foreign language

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Good work if you can get it.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He could be concerned that he looks worse next year, being the focal point of a team's defense without Admira/Grant around to take defensive pressure off of him.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bone posted insane numbers at the combine today. Better vertical and 3/4 court sprint time that Russell Westbrook.

Okay, he gone.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Grant just announced he’s staying in the draft.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Its the smart play. He's earned his spot and I'll remember watching him in Memorial this year fondly.

justingroves likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not surprising. Selfishly hoped he’d come back but go get it

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

0-30 comin'

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd hate it far more for them to come back and then get hurt or lose status. life changing opportunity

kmf600 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

nah, we have a top 5 coach...

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Realistically, top 15 and I'm okay with over paying

A-Smith likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We are a bubble team at best next year.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

its either that, or keep paying him after he's gone, while also paying a new not top 20 coach every 3 or 4 years

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, we could have just paid a new coach and let him leave like he wanted. you're ignoring why he is paid so much now: he wanted to go.