POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it would be a Clemson vs Alabama bad looking loss.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

How did Mayor Pete miss making the list?

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

She lied her entire life about who she was. At least with Trump you know exactly what you are getting. It would be a massacre.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He hadn't flashed in the pan when this was made.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see that now... those damn details kill me every time...

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Her understanding of economics is horrifically bad

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, we're a perfect match.

I think she's bang on, and she has a track record from before the recession and housing bubble that supports that.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Her conclusions were completely incorrect

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yet everyone as laughing at her for saying a housing bubble and recession were coming. Which she had arrived at based on the underlying information that informed her conclusions.

You want me to take you seriously? Tell me when and where the next major economic problem will arise.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She’d been banging that drum for 30 years. Broken clock. The bank boggieman is an easy answer and makes people feel good about blaming someone else, but it’s not based in reality. And the regulations she pushed led to the slowest recovery in American history and if everything she wanted was put in would send us into a recession that would make the last one look like a joke.

No one can predict these things. If they were predictable they wouldn’t happen. The banks lost hundreds of billions on subprime. If they knew the loans sucked they were awful stupid to keep them.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My favorite part is when warren complains about the banks “predatory lending” when it came to minorities before the financial crisis and then complained minorities are having problems getting loans after the financial crises. She is not a bright woman.

justingroves likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What if it was internal people at the banks making so much money they didn't care what happened in two years? Not the bank itself, but individuals working for the bank.

Again, I mist say my understanding of econeconemocs is on par with my understanding of astrology . I know the premise but that is about it.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They all had massive stock in those companies. Most personally lost billions combined, most of which never came back. Hell my restricted stock dropped 80 percent and never recovered. I know guys in management who lost tens of millions. There are guys line Mozillo who dumped their stock, but he’s the exception, not the rule. And btw they could have dumped the mortgages quite easily if they wanted to and they had already made the easy money. But they didn’t. That’s not the actions of people who think something could blow up. During all bubbles people think it is going to last forever. That’s why they become bubbles. Bubbles are part of human nature and have happened throughout world history.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I mean if having predicted the oncoming problems with the housing bubble makes you a economic god, kneel before me.

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're incredibly biased against her politics, is all. You may not be the smartest person to walk the Earth.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I think she’s a legit naive idiot who doesn’t understand basic economics and who’s policies would torpedo the economy and I’m a shitload smarter than she is.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    justingroves likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

“Banks are taking advantage of the poor by offering them loans.”

Go and pass regulations to make sure banks can’t loan to low income people.

“Banks are racists for not lending to the poor!”

Savage Orange likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's cool, but she didn't say those sentences. You just wrote them.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Close enough

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

too bad joe wasn't in a position to do anything about this