POLITICS Roll v Wade II

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 16, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

don't know, but I know Alabama has the highest infant mortality in the nation, and the US has one of the highest rates of western countries.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will have to get back to this later when I have more time. some of it I feel like I already answered

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say that has more to do with having a larger black population than anything.

Whites are right on average for those western countries that you're comparing us too.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Are you similarly vigilant about words like racism, assault weapon, fascism, tolerance, (x)ophobia and others that have meanings also but are frequently misapplied?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When your sperm alone becomes a person, let someone know.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

when a fetus alone becomes a person, let someone know.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It already is.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

you said a sperm alone cant become a person. but you are saying a sperm and egg alone can? how? where?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It has one job, to merge with the egg to form a zygote, fetus, then baby. Stopping them is designed to do the same as stopping a fetus. The Catholic Church even deemed it close enough to personhood to ban the use of condoms.

Otherwise, no one addressed my further example of an IUD, a zygote unable to implant in the uterine wall. Genocide? Murder? Should be illegal?

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Actually it takes more than one sperm in the natural method of conception. Is that what you're referring to? I mean you asked. I answered, or are we now moving back over to the judging table over at the in vitro event in your gymnastics meet? I mean if you want to consider it a crime when a zygote isn't implanted, you're far harder on women than anyone I know supporting a ban on killing the unborn.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, your sperm doesn't develop into any of those things on its on. Got it. Your point wasn't one.

12. Unimane

A fetus doesn't develop into anything on its own, either. And, still ignoring the second part of the statement about things like IUDs.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, not on its own. Let someone know when a fetus gives an okay for his or her abortion to take place. That'll be a big day.

I am ignoring things that are irrelevant to abortion. Because you and the Catholic church are hung up on sperm doesn't mean someone with common sense can't see the difference in the two.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

when, exactly, does it all form a person in your opinion?

to be clear, I didn't invent or mention the zygote thing. it's widely believed in traditional Catholicism and protestantism. I did bring up invitro the other day, but it was waived away as some kind of deflection for reasons I don't understand.

15. Unimane

You're misconstruing my sperm example as anything but a critique of the argument made by Savage. And, you are ignoring something for which you denote as directly becoming a human being.

And, when does a fetus begin to consent for anything? When, again, are we supposed to call this thing a person and require a woman to not have control over the things happening inside her body?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pretty much. There isn't an easy or simple answer to this.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I agree it can be a shit situation. Why does a potential shit quality of life mean we get to decide to end life, though?

I'd like for your last statement to be true.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Quality of life and right to life are two different topics entirely. Not saying it isn't an important conversation to have, but it's not relevant in this scenario.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

When does a child (with very few exceptions) outside the womb (legally) consent to anything?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sperm is the male genetic material carrier. So is the egg. When the two are joined it's a new entity, one that grows of it's own will and provided sustenance via the mother. A self-building house, I guess.

Newborns can't consent so that particular idea doesn't seem to belong.