Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Almost forgot one of my favorite moments -

When Arya is talking to Jon, while watching Dany walk away and says, “I know a killer when I see one.”

Uh, yeah, literally the other half of Westeros that she didn’t kill also know this.

That’s some keen insight, there.

IP and tvolsfan like this.
  2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

"nothing else matters"....that is the end of Jamie and Cersi Lanister. Brilliant.

3. GahLee

Within two minutes of becoming King, he loses one of the kingdoms to his sister and barters against his family and banishes the rightful heir to appease a dickless, scowl-faced dude who somehow keeps building an army despite none of them having a [penis] and having fought endless wars.

These writers literally put a monkey in a room with a typewriter. Only explanation.

VolDad likes this.
  4. GahLee

Have to save room for spinoffs and such. I'm almost convinced this isn't the last we've seen of this story.

5. GahLee

Why in the world would we want to see that when we can just grease over it real quick so we can work in a scene for that guy that nobody knows and we can get ourselves a cheap laugh because for some reason we are out for a laugh in our finale.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The answer to all of your questions and statements is this:

Everything returned back to exactly as it was before.

IP likes this.
  7. fl0at_

Blamed the sword. That dragon is now seriously anti-sword.

IP likes this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Bran warged into Drogon, to clear space for his wheelchair

fl0at_ and IP like this.
  9. fl0at_

It isn't based in the Middle Ages. The Middle Ages are a part of the history of earth.

This is based in a place where dragons exist, and so does magic.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

AND, I'm pretty sure there was no [breasts] exposed in that episode

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's like the writers don't even care anymore!

kmf600 and GahLee like this.
  12. Tenacious D

So, my pants?

Brother, if you think the show ended in bewildered disappointment, wait until my penis gets involved.

13. fl0at_

It annoys me to no end that people project our history toward fantasy worlds. This didn't take place on earth.

It's in a galaxy far far away. It might not even be the past.

Westeros isn't even the OLDEST kingdom in that world, and it has a history of being as it is now for longer than humans have had recorded history.

They aren't just a step away from the Renaissance, this is who they are. This is the height of their civilization.

It is a loop.

Loop closed.

IP likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

So, 1500’s, maybe?

VolDad and justingroves like this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Martin's storylines come from particular events and people in history, though, as he's noted on many occasions. The Dothraki are based upon the Mongol hordes, the Red Wedding on some event in Scottish history and he's explained how lords will rape women because they could, among many other examples. This isn't purely fantasy.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

what would be an example of purely fantasy?

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not an expert, but isn't The Lord of the Rings based upon mythology and similar types of fantasy elements? Don't know, but I've heard Martin repeatedly describe historical events and people as the basis for much of his story and often uses Medieval social norms to explain actions and pacing of his story.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the distinction I've heard is LOTR is high fantasy, whereas something GOT is borderline not, but both are fantasy.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My fantasy is 2 women at the same time

JohnnyQuickkick, GahLee and utvol0427 like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

sounds like the lesson on a monkey's paw's first day of wish twisting school.