2019 Vol Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Why not just give me directions based upon my knowing where the G-spot is located?

Do we play one team from our group the whole time, and if so, who is it (so that I can start rooting for them, and work my cursed magic)?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, the top seeds of the group, unc and ut, each play one of the lower seeds and then each other. from there, it depends on who won the games as to what happens next. One of the four teams will have lost twice and be done. one will have won twice and will have already advanced and be finished for the weekend. the remaining 1-1 teams play each other to advance. so there is no guarantee we ever play unc Wilmington, if either they or/and we go 2-0, 0-2. we could play someone twice if we split the first two games.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  3. Tenacious D

Look, man, I’m not here to do math.

Just tell me who to root for.

4. Tenacious D

Somebody explain to me how two teams make it out of our group of 4 teams, please.

upload_2019-5-28_11-22-50.jpeg

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

huh, I must be mistaken. I got my info from an article so I must have misunderstood. it made it sound like 2 teams advanced and were reseeded in the super regional

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, just one team makes it out of the four, through double elimination, to the super regional. There, it's a best of three for a spot in the College World Series.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s just a double-elimination tournament. The best thing to do is win

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

tenny, I was wildly off base. only one advances, sorry for confusing the issue and infecting you with my ignorance.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, you were right on the soccer group stage and Tenny is better for knowing.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

nah, tenny has already peaked. it's all down hill now. he's posting in a baseball thread, for heaven's sake.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

And this, from the same SOB who promises that unchecked climate change will swamp most of California, Florida and NY in the next 100 or so years.

Where is your science, now?

WHERE IS YOUR SCIENCE, NOW?!

12. Tenacious D

Oh, I can’t wait to never use that info again.

13. Tenacious D

If you had two turds in a toilet, and one had an orange M&M in it and the other didn’t, I’d pull for that orange M&M turd to be the first to flush.

I love me some Tennessee, man.

14. Tenacious D

This is what I need.

So, does Tennessee play 2-3 games versus Liberty, and if they win 2 of those, then play 2-3 more games versus the winner of UNC v UNCW, to determine who goes to the Super Regionals?

And how good are Liberty and UNC, btw?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, one game. Winners play each other, losers play in an elimination game. the winner of the elim game then plays the loser of the winners game, and the winner of that game plays the winner of the winners game, whom they'll have to beat twice.

16. Tenacious D

Perfect. Thank you.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I get that a lot

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would cheer for the orange one to float, avoiding elimination

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Instead it would be violently shot from the toilet and hit you in the face, the Tennessee way.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Oh, I’m sorry, I imagined it was a race down.

If it’s a race to stay out, I want the orange shit to Michael Phelps the shit out of that shit.