The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I eat the meat, and have the skull from the biggest one I caught. I sell the skins normally to people that tan them for purses and wallets or whatever. The price of the hides have gone down dramatically from the first year I hunted, but if i get a couple over 8 feet, it pays for the tags and the trip. Mostly, its exciting, and I do things that excite me, not as much as I did when I was younger, but I still like an adrenaline rush. My KMF600 is from when I road raced motorcycles, it was the most fun I've ever had. 170 mph at Daytona was like nothing I've done before, and the sound of me dragging a knee doing 100 at nascar turn 3 at Homestead speedway still gives me goosebumps.

Tenacious D likes this.
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That ain't cheap dude

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interesting. I always took you for a [ussy pay].

kmf600 likes this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's like your opinion, man

5. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I know. He has plenty and just wants to have them in case he feels like filling out the tags. It's crazy to me.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How much does a tag cost?

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Got an elk/mule deer trip to Montana on the books with my Dad in the fall. Gonna be awesome.

kmf600 and justingroves like this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Mine, in state costs 280 coconuts

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Out of state tags cost $1,022.00

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

For ONE gator?

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Holy shit.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd pay that to shoot a UF fan legally, but not an actual gator.

justingroves, kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I very recently started a new company. I got out of state tags right here for $500.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll PM you to get your number

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its nothing like on TV. We can't shoot them with a rifle. We have to snag them with a treble hook and reel them in like a fish. When we get it up to the boat, we shoot it with a spear that has a .357 magnum bullet in the tip. That doesn't normally kill them either. We have to severe the spine just behind the skull with a chisel and they still move around a lot. I've had them move their legs after 12 hours on ice while I'm skinning them. Tough bastards

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watched an old man take a part a snapping turtle. About 5 hours after he had cut its heart out, the legs were still twitching.

I really didn't want to eat it after that, either.

17. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Are any of you familiar with a Hatfield shotgun? Before the word "cheap" appears, let me explain what the use will be for. I have a Remington 1100 as well as a nice over/under, but I want a single shot to keep at a island home in the gulf surrounded by salt water for shooting clays off the deck. Salt water, salt air, and moisture mean inexpensive to me. What say you.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm sure it will be fine for what you're using it for.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can't hide money

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Go ahead and get this beauty

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-tactical-marine/