Yeti’s

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 10, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

None of them are if you're not using it daily.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, dude, that thing should keep the ice a lot longer than a couple of hours, even if you leave it out in the blazing sun. I use mine on the boat, using it to keep the drinks and food cold and lasts all day no problem. We even use the ice in the afternoon to make mixed drinks.

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Orcas are made in Tennessee

Tenacious D and kmf600 like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a grizzly 25 and a grizzly 165. Both work well for what I want them to do and both get used a ton.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeti measures their “quarts” using the outside walls of the cooler, and Orca measures their’s using the available space on the inside for storage.

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Grizzly, Orca, Engel, RTIC; they’re all basically the same thing, and all cheaper than Yeti’s.

justingroves likes this.
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You need to use an ice ratio that is 2:1.

So for every one of your diet peach Snapples, you need a two pounds of ice.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Peach snapple and vodka may be aight

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

fyp

11. Ssmiff

Shiii.. Vodka and any Snapple, Gatorade, lemonade, flavored lemonade, tea, arnold palmer. Sprite with grape juice, fanta, red bull, red bull orange. Red bull summer coconut blueberry..

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I drink raspberry Diet Tab, thank you.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Finally a reason to buy some of this overpriced shit being discussed in this thread.

justingroves likes this.
  14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s plenty of reasons to buy the coolers mentioned in this thread, but like others have said, you have to really use them to get your money’s worth.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you take it that personally, maybe you don't believe yourself. Heck man, I'm just some dumbass with an opinion about overpriced coolers, but whatever.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My little one has paid for itself in ice savings.

The big one was a pissed off purchase, I killed 5 deer in two days out of town and didn't have a big enough cooler to get them home. So, after a few drinks one evening, I bought it

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When I camp with some friends over a 3-4 day weekend, they have to drain and re-ice their “big box” type (non roto mold?) coolers every morning. I have to do it maybe once in that same time frame.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Personally? Don’t believe myself? Not sure I follow, but note that I don’t take anything personal here.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A guy I fish with often was at the baitshop a couple of years back. There was a huge box in the middle of the store with a big scratch on the top. My buddy asks, what's in the box. Guy says, it's a Yeti 250. UPS dropped it off but it had a gouge on top. The guy that ordered it didn't want it, so they ordered another one for him. Yeti says to keep the bad one. So my buddy asks how much is it as is. They sold it to him for 400 coconuts.

20. Ssmiff

War needs some sauerkraut and a furter