POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so what are they supposed to do with them as they are awaiting their hearing? btw she directly compared it to the nazis

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rab...ng-concentration-camps-for-illegal-immigrants

During a livestream on Instagram Monday night, Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said of the U.S. detention facilities: “The fact that concentration camps are now an institutionalized practice in the home of the free is extraordinarily disturbing, and we need to do something about it.”

And then continuing with her hyperbolic attacks, Ocasio-Cortez defended her “concentration camp” comparison by saying: "I don't use those words to just throw bombs. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is. A presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist and it's very difficult to say that."

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If only Trump and Rs requested additional funding to house the people and hire more judges to process these claims in a timely-er manner... Oh wait, they have.

I agree with you that losing a child is inexcusable, but I have no problem separating them while they determine if the people they're actually with are relatives.

GahLee likes this.
  3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Are you trying to say only Nazis are fascists?

IP likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when you talk about concentration camps and fascists is there another group she could be referring to?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Owns Auschwitz agreeing with her... That this same damn "controversy" occurred 7 months ago and is apparently totally forgotten tells you how much teeth it has.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so you agree these are concentration camps?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The absolutely meet the definition, even more so than the internment camps the US had during WW2. In internment camps, people weren't locked in cells and separated from their families.

Many of these people haven't committed a crime. We are actually in breach of international law.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just silly

Tenacious D, justingroves and GahLee like this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

International law says we let them in and give them a place to stay?

GahLee likes this.
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’d love to know what percentage are just requesting amnesty at the border rather than trying to cross illegally and getting caught.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

All thats missing are gas chambers and trenches of dead, malnourished and tortured bodies.
    Pretty much the same thing otherwise.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Go read what Auschwitz Memorial said about it. It's like they wrote just to you.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

International law says that under certain conditions, such as fearing for one's life, one can apply for amnesty in another country and are subject to due process.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bruce Pearl off the top rope

17. cpninja

cpninja Member

they're concentration camps and it's sad to me that people would rather get mad that they're being called what they are instead of getting mad that we're shoving 50 people into a cell designed to hold 12 in the first place

tvolsfan and The Dooz like this.
  18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Call them concentration camps or whatever you want. I get it, what’s happening at the border isn’t right, and I think most people can see that. But reasonable people can also see that drawing comparisons to the Holocaust is f**king insane, and, like it or not, that’s where the conversation is going to go when the term “concentration camp” is used.

This is all just such horseshit, just a damn show. We all know all (overwhelming majority anyway) of these people are not fleeing something unique to the past 6 months, a year, two years or five years. And I don’t blame them for showing up at our border given that there’s a non-zero chance they’ll get in and escape the shit hole they come from. I’d do it. But this whole saga is just example 1,000,000 in the story of the left losing its damn mind.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Then stay in your own god damn country.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Because that is what is going on. They come here to make money and end up getting complacent by the American standard of living and never want to go back.