POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That you refuse to acknowledge the comparison, despite the Auschwitz Organization pointing it out, is telling, though not surprising in the least.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't care about a tweet from an anonymous source claiming "official twitter account". Probably one random guy. Everybody knows what she was implying when she said it. She was looking for an attention getting phrase and did her part again. Call them detention camps or whatever. Comparing them to concentration camps was and is dumb, regardless of your rationalization or semantics to support her statement.

GahLee likes this.
  3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What do you mean? Do you think we have an overpopulation issue? Just trying to clarify.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good lord. Mexico isn’t that dangerous

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you can’t see the difference between imprisoning your citizens because of their race and putting them in forced labor camps, death or not, and arresting people doing something illegal I don’t know what to tell you or the person running their twitter account.

GahLee likes this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Did they put out a formal statement or is this some 25 year old running their twitter account’s opinion?

GahLee and zehr27 like this.
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He didn’t say they were the same.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

No, no, come on. Put into words why you think comparing what's happening at our border to the Holocaust is a good idea. I'm sure you'll be able to without making a fool of yourself.

GahLee likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He said they were concentration camps. She was referring to the Nazis and the tweet was from the auschwitz organization. So which camps are we talking about here?

GahLee likes this.
  10. cpninja

cpninja Member

Waiting for the defense to change from "we're not killing people so they're not concentration camps" to "well we're not killing people on purpose" to "you can't prove we are killing a substantial number of people" to "it's their fault for being illegals!"

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    IP likes this.
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They don’t have to be Nazi death camps to be concentration camps.

The Dooz likes this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody compared the southern border to the entire Holocaust.

A concentration camp, which to be clear is exactly what AOC is referring too, and has a very clear definition, isn’t exclusive to the Nazi regime. But you don’t have to take it from me, as I’m not an expert.

Let me help you get started:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...n-facilities-trump/?__twitter_impression=true

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So AOC was referring to "mass detention of civilians without trial."

Ok

GahLee likes this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

GahLee likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She mentioned fascists in the prior sentence. If she wasn’t talking about the Nazis then she’s got no one but herself to blame.

GahLee likes this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well this escalated to stupidity quick

GahLee likes this.
  17. cpninja

cpninja Member

Come back to my post in a year

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You expect lots of deaths?

GahLee likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

are you under the impression that Jews had legal standing or were legal citizens of Germany when they were rounded up in Hungary, Poland, and other places? Do you think the Nazis were violating Nazi law?

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

No. My point is, did we make sure immigrants from 200 years ago had homes to live in, food, power, internet, transportation, medical, free income, social security, or any other thing that is required to live today? I don't know what they got 200 years ago when they walked off the boats to be honest

GahLee likes this.