Asheville, NC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by KingWebbsticles, May 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

My GF and I are looking to move to Asheville in the very near future. I was just wondering if there were any posters who have lived there or have anything to say about it.

Love it? Hate it? Live there? Funny stories? Connections that would be willing to hire me?

I'm trying to learn some more about the city.

TIA.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Has a good music scene. I've always had fun when I've been there. There are a lot of hippies, though.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Huge understatement. You might as well say hippies make up 85% of the Asheville proper population. If you're moving there just to move and like that sort of thing, go for it. If you're moving there for job/school related stuff or something of that nature, there are plenty of smaller rural towns within a few minutes drive that I would definitely choose over living within the city.

4. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

Good music and beer scene, if either of those things appeal to you. Lots of hippies and alternative lifestyles, an eclectic gathering. Cost of living is higher than surrounding areas, so I'd maybe go that route.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

NY just called his loan officer to stop his home loan process. Immediately afterwards, he called his realty agent telling him to get to work finding him a home in the geographic center of Asheville.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I like Asheville, large enough for decent nightlife and eateries, but not so large to have the problems and pitfalls of large metro cities. I would rather go there than Knoxville.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Not a true fan, imo

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Negative. Keeping the new house so my wife has somewhere to stay when I head to Asheville.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I do have a very good friend who lives in Asheville. I'm a fan of the place. Decent nightlife but also not a lot of slums.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're a smart dude.