The Final Frontier: All Things Star Trek

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Agreed. It didn’t really get good till season 3

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Season two is still a big leap over season one.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It is. I rewatched the series a couple of years ago and it was hard to get through season one

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've actually been doing this each week for a couple of months. I kept getting off track during season one. It was a chore.

droski likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is a great channel and he actually covers "Measure of a Man" !

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Picard looks like it could be good

7. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Picard

Hello

Droski

IP

‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

and Brent spiner and nany others. looking forward to it

9. TheOrangeEmpire

The highlight of a very mild San Diego Comic Con.

I do hope Data is more than a reoccurring character. He is all but Picard’s son.

The only other giddy part for me was Brandon Routh breaking out the Superman emblem.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

data is dead and obliterated. I assume the spiner character is data's "son" from Nemesis.

11. TheOrangeEmpire

Of course it’s Data. Blame lazy script writing for wanting a sacrificial lamb but yet wanting to keep the character alive.

12. TheOrangeEmpire

The uniform and calling him captain makes you wonder if it’s a hologram program like our good doctor from voyager.

Then top it off with Picard saying he doesn’t want it to end.

Perfect send off for Picard’s adventure in the cosmos .

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’ll watch it, but I’m still pissed the killed off data in that awful [uck fay]ing movie. I also don’t find it believable he let data sit in his drawer for 20 years. Spiner is also looking fat

14. TheOrangeEmpire

Nemesis is that you get when you want to shake up the series with a director in Baird who didn’t care about Star Trek or its history.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So i just saw a quit smoking commercial and Leonard Nimoy’s wife was on it, and damn if she doesn’t look uncannily like Leonard Nimoy

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like the new Picard show. It is very different in feel from the other treks, but has some potential.

At the same time, it somehow feels like indie or lower budget?

I guess I may as well check out discovery now.

TBSVOL likes this.
  17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Haven't started Picard yet; waiting until a few episodes are out before starting back CBS all access. I was pleasantly surprised with Discovery, though. I liked it.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

New version of The Stand is supposed to release sometime this year on all access as well.

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I guess it comes with age as I get old...but I haven't liked anything since NG...think the new movies are exciting but hate the alternative universe angle...thought Janeway had potential to be a female Kirk but alas...only episodes I liked of DS9 were the ones when they rolled out the warship and laid waste to something...quit watching Dr Who when it was being ruined during the Capaldi series (not his fault) and did watch two episodes of Nurse Who before giving up on it ...new BSG lasted one season with me ...too bad Hatch was allowed to restart it earlier...Lorne Greens Adama and Lloyd Bridges Commander Cain were what leaders should be...its MeTv, COZI and PlutoTV( Classic Dr Who) for me

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I have finished Next generation.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.