Fishing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

there's plenty o fish. I seen an ad about it on here with an attractive woman talking about it

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

1. The hypothetical fish in this instance was not subject to the jurisdiction of the TWRA. So while they may have been a source of wisdom and counsel, it's none of their damned business.

2. In Kentucky, where aforementioned hypothetical fish was found, each jug is required to be permanently labeled with the fisherman's customer identification number as provided on a valid fishing license (301 KAR 1:410; KRS 150.010.) This number was not present, replaced only by an obscured and most likely fake phone number, making identification of the fisherman difficult even for the wise and experienced officers of KDFW.

3. Nobody was looking.

3. cotton

An excellent philosophical and gastronomical point. I think now we are at 5 or 6 who eat the fish.

Rockyhill has adopted the philosophy of Schrodinger's catfish, and he now eats it and doesn't eat it.

4. cotton

I will mark Tenny down for a 'no.'

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Then the Kentucky equivalent. Un help you split the hairy whiskers on this cat?

2. While it’s true that we neither know if the rig was legal nor who the jug and fish belonged to, we can be certain who is rightfully intended to ascertain such things, and who owned that fish - and neither of them are you, scofflaw.

3. This is your best point, and you should have just lead with this. No need to church it up.

6. Tenacious D

That it wasn’t yours to take is as irrefutable as it is unavoidable. Everything else is immaterial.

Here I stand, I can do no other.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't find it to be an ethical question, but more of a "luck" question.

Every one of those I've encountered, the thing just jumped in the boat, and the line snapped clean.

Very lucky.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

not sure how it works with jugs, but in salt water a pot or trap without identification is a ghost pot and is to be collected, photographed, and either retrieved or disposed of. at least in Virginia. ghost pots and traps kill a lot of critters and nean less for everyone. if you don't mark your gear, it is simply littering at best.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

IMG_4114.jpg

Caught this little guy today, going to try to make a sammich or two out of him.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Aren't you supposed to be making that sweet sweet OT money for your wife?

kmf600 and RockyHill like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

Is that tuna bait or a catch?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What is that, Daughin?

kmf600 likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Go to hell.

kmf600 likes this.
  14. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Did you catch it where the picture was taken? It doesn't look to far offshore.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Caught him around 2000 feet deep, about 20 miles out, a little further north than we usually go. Picture was on the way in. I'm waiting for a buddy to send me a good one out where I caught it.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

IMG_1787.jpg

Calmest I've ever seen it, we usually fish for mahi in 5-6 foot seas.

17. Tenacious D

Again, to hell.

kmf600 likes this.
  18. cotton

19. NorrisAlan

VolDad and justingroves like this.
  20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think maybe some of them were killed...