2020 Vol BBall Recruiting....

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Blackshear to UT chatter seems to be growing. No one is calling it outright, but Cats fans are starting to worry.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s been expected for a while, and he doesn’t announce until August 6th, but more and more signs pointing towards Keon Johnson committing to the Vols.

If I understand correctly, that will give us two commitments, both of whom are top 30 guys and could easily be 5 stars when it’s all said and done. It also leaves us with 1 additional scholarship, and people are saying we will likely try to sign 2 additional players, meaning someone else likely gets the boot at the end of this season.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

You've got two seniors plus an open scholarship right now which makes three.

Then Fulkerson/Pons/Johnson would be in a position to grad transfer (not saying they will), and Josiah James might go to the draft. So you definitely have some flexibility there for an extra spot.

IP likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Curious to see how Josiah James turns out this year. Some people have suggested he's not a 1 and done talent, but Barnes apparently raves about him. At this point, I anticipate him being here at least 2 years.

Would love to keep Fulk around one more year and have the lesser performing of Pons or Johnson move on. That would open up the 4th spot.

Give me these 4, and let's roll:

1. Walker
    2. Keon Johnson
    3 & 4. Some combination of Jaden Springer, PJ Hall, and Cam Hayes

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hall has a sister at Florida and talk is he is a likely Gator.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Keon Johnson is announcing his commitment on August 6th. Few people are calling it a lock at this point, but most think he will choose the Vols.

Atlanta VOL on TOOS recently posted that he is hearing "very good things" about Jaden Springer.

Pulling Walker, Springer, and Johnson in the same class would be phenomenal. From there, I think a solid PG or big could make it the best signing class in recent, if not all time UT history.

7. Unimane

Keon Johnson Day. Supposedly, it's looking good for the Vols.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's announcing his decision at a church, I've got to go with deacon Barnes here

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Will be a complete shock if he picks OSU.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. Unimane

Vols, baby.

11. Unimane

That's two top 35 type players in this class and Johnson has been killing it this summer, likely a five star in the next ranking updates.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Marky Boy Griffin wasn’t letting this one get away

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And this class is far from done. Lots of big names left on the board that the coaches can focus on now that Johnson and Walker are locked up.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Add Springer and this will be a killer class.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dont know of its accuracy, but someone told me yesterday with Keon committing and the Walker kid, and James who is already on campus, Barnes has signed, or had commitment from, 3 of the top 10 highest rated recruits in UT basketball history in the last 12 months.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We're gonna take a step back this coming year But if James is here for 2 years, and you add these recruits coming in, with the possibility of another 5 star in Springer we're gonna have some Kentuckyesque talent in 2020-2021. Need another big man.

17. Unimane

The best thing is we have two absolute studs wrapped up in early August and can focus on wrapping this group up with a very focused effort on a few guys.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he would actually care more about recruiting than eating at Pete's every morning he'd have 10 of the top 10.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if the kid is a spiritual kid from a spiritual family has the skills and ethic, and wants to have a pro shot, there is no better place than UT right now, as evidenced by the 4 kids who just signed nba contracts. Whatever personal skill development system Bruin Barnes implements, it works.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm glad, but all I care about is cutting nets. recruiting-wise, nothing matters if we don't cut some nets.