Dave Hart

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 25, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This little fiasco with Debby Jennings tells me he is exactly the man UT needs at the helm of the athletic department right not. No nonsense and not afraid of hurting feelings and/or pissing people off.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'm impressed with how he's handled the situation. KNS are looking like drama queens imo.

3. CardinalVol

KNS, as a whole, loses less and less credibility every day to me.

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I like that Hart got out in front of it.

Lesson could be learned elsewhere by bamboo boy

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I learned that last November when he hurt my feelings and pissed me off by not firing Dooley on the spot in Lexington.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The fact he's not cowering because wingnuts like Betty Bean, Maria Cornelius, and Dan Fleser are upset because their pal got canned is encouraging.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Can somebody provide a brief summary for those that don't read the News Sentinel and are too lazy to google?

9. CardinalVol

Forced a longtime employee of the women's AD into retirement because she was being a headache. People got in a tizzy, she threatened to sue, he came out and essentially said she was insubordinate and that was why she was let go.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Adams's column today claims firing jennings was kicking summitt while she was down. I dont get that pissy about adams, but today's was him at his worst.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The computer raid and email deletings kinda bother me. Those with more knowledge of this kind of situation can speak on that. Why do that? Just seems fishy. Otherwise I'm on board.

12. CardinalVol

As far as the computer stuff goes, that's common procedure. If you are being let go, that's how it works.

My gut feeling is that this wasn't a one strike and she's out policy. Gut says she was given opportunities to shape up and didn't.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like she wasn't getting on board with the united AD.

Adams is a [itch bay] for playing the Summitt card.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

When Dave Hart does a push up, he's actually pushing the earth down.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Thanks

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's common procedure if you quit as well.

Everyone, please learn from me in case you are as ignorant or complacent as I once was. If you think your boss is a Dooley, don't send a trusted coworker an email mentioning such. Keep that sort of thing verbal. If you include it in email and they quit, the next 4 or 5 years of your life can quickly start to suck even more so that it likely does at that point.

I found out in this process that most companies rifle through computers, email, network drives, etc. after someone leaves regardless of the circumstances. It's a process I became familiar with while at the above mentioned job. Much like last season with Tennessee's football coaching staff, if your boss sucks, people tend to leave quickly.