Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’m good with it. Bryant certainly played an important part in offseason workouts and the first month of the season, but he still walked out on his team.

chavisut likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

not how I'd do it, but it is understandable.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't blame Bryant and would have likely done the same thing had I been in his position.

That said, he made a decision to leave the team and forfeited his right to a ring when he did.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Totally fine to not give him a ring, Dabo could have been a little more thoughtful with his wording though.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He left after 4 games, so no ring.

I don't blame him, I think it was definitely in his best interest but he quit.

chavisut likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bryant got hurt this week

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The Red Sox gave a ring to their Barstool guy. It's kinda ridiculous who gets a ring these days. I'm sure there is a non player/coach for Clemson with a ring. Probably a few. And if you are going that route, you should give Bryant one too.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Dabo gives Bryant a ring, it would go against everything he's built his program on.

He's all about loyalty. He won't let guys go late for better players, but commits can't go on official visits anywhere else.

He keeps his coaching staff intact by telling them if they interview for a lateral move, they better take it.

He's not going to reward a guy that left

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tennessee gave rings to everyone.

Every. One.

The ladies in the front office got necklaces with the top of the ring as a pendant.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm kinda for this. If you contibuted in any way, you get a ring. Everybody important knows who the guys doing the work were.

Unless you quit. If you quit, even if you had a good reason, you've got no claim. If they want to give you one, fine, but if they don't, [uck fay] you; you quit.

Does anybody remember the ring thread from TOOOOOOS about Elite Eight rings where somehow I bacame Al Bundy?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still stand by my stance that Elite 8 rings are ridiculous.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Cubs gave a ring to Steve Bartman.

Also, [uck fay] Dabo.

That’s all I have to add.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

could have given him a quarter of a ring.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well deserved, too.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think Bryant deserves a ring.

That said, I'd have left it up to the players if I were Dabo. Let the captains or all the seniors vote on it since those are the guys he quit on. If they are okay with him getting a ring, then give him one. If not, tell him tough shit and good luck getting a natty with ddiapos.

justingroves likes this.
  16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I dont think Bryant should get one, I also dont believe the groundskeepers should get one either or whoever.

But.....

He did more for Clemson football than they did, so [uck fay] it. Give him one too. Or dont. I really dont care either way.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou has a bowl ban, which makes me laugh

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

NCAA picking an easy target there, all they’re good for these days.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Missouri ought to sue. any school popped ought to, given that other schools get no punishment for more

utvol0427 likes this.