POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You speeding is more dangerous to me than a person working for $4/hr in a chicken factory. A criminal, technically, is anyone who breaks a law, which essentially means everyone, so my idea of a criminal is a little more subjective. I don't find someone who is looking to work in a place like this to feed their family is the same level as someone committing bank fraud, sticking up banks, etc.

I'm fine with the discussion regarding their rightful status and how we should handle violations of immigration law, but I'm not pleased with efforts to vilify these people. Most, if not nearly all, are merely trying to improve the lives of their family in the best way they know how. They are also desired workers by industries, so I refer back again to my point about giving these people mixed messages.

So, they are not entitled to stay, but "criminals"? No, not to me.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The best they know how it to illegally enter a Country, forge documents, and steal the identities of innocent Americans; millions of which are harmed every year. I am fine with calling them Criminals.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sorry, I think it's a merely a luxury we get through accident of birth to look down upon these people in such a manner. Personally, I feel empathy for them and a true conundrum as to how best to deal with such a situation. It's easy to follow and demand others follow the rules when they benefit you accordingly.

The fair point is the use of identity theft by some people to gain employment and status. Still, criminals is a loaded term and one that, to me, again, denotes a certain level of nefarious intent.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't they by accident of birth have the luxery that those born further away don't get (i.e., Africa). Why are they more deserving just because they have the luxery to be born within walking distance?

If only there was a legal way for people to enter the US from around the World... oh wait.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Who said it was false? I certainly didn't. Something might be true for you and false for me and vice versa. This much is obvious from the reactions. I imagine it is much harder to parent your child if you don't like doing it, just as it is much harder to punch the time clock of a job you hate.

6. GahLee

As ludicrous as saying the only way it is easy is if you don't spend time with them.

7. GahLee

Nope.

You guys are acting like I'm saying the moon is made of cheese or something.

Talking about toddlers here. That stage was a blast and I won't have my own experience invalidated because I thought the process then was a breeze because it was. Newborns are real work. Once they become individuals with their own interests and start taking in outside sources, it gets harder. Fully admit I struggle parenting them now at times.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Stop your [itch bay]ing and go back to the couch and eat some fruity pebbles. Job is a mother[uck fay]ing breeze.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fruity pebbles are trash. Yeah I said it.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So then neither work nor parenting is work. It's all fun.

What sucks is sleep.

11. GahLee

Football cant get here soon enough. We can argue about play calls and the refs.

12. GahLee

I agree. Soggy half way through. Trash as [uck fay].

I dont really drink milk anymore and havent in years so I dont get to eat cereal anymore but if I did it would be Raisin Bran Crunch.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’ve advocated this for years.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How many hours a day were your kids watching tv, playing video games, or on iPads? That certainly makes it a lot easier

15. GahLee

Considering we didnt have an iPad or they didnt play video games at all during that age, minimal. We'd watch cartoon together but it's not like we did that all day.

The assumption of technology assistance, which has been prevalent in responses, is interesting.

16. GahLee

Both my sons read 3 to 4 grades above their grade level. I make them read a lot. They love to play video games now, they're 10 and 11 but they have to earn that time by reading and chores.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Preach.

RockyHill likes this.
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Dip your french toast in fruity pebbles after you dip it in the egg. Fry like usual. You're welcome

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Maybe you should take the higher paying job now.

You might not make it two years

kmf600, NorrisAlan and CardinalVol like this.
  20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’m calling the police