"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm at peace with Kiffin. He's grown a lot, and I think we need to accept the goodwill he still directs towards us, and let bygones be bygones.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Totally agreed, but I’d still like to see that story through Ubben’s lens. Kiffin actually seems like a good dude, somebody you’d really enjoy spending some time around. I bet he’s got some fantastic stories to tell about all the places he’s been in his career.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oh I think he’s an odd fellow and comes off as such. I know enough people who knew him at usc and they all say he’s a little nutty. That being said he can coach

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Everyone here is nuttier than squirrel shit, so he'd get along well with us.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe he's gotten to a place where his family is first and football is 2nd.

droski likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don’t think there are many folks in the coaching profession (not at the level he’s been at, anyway) who aren’t a little odd or even a LOT odd... you almost have to be to be able to deal with all that comes with the job.

droski likes this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

New pod is out today.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m ready for my interview.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A police officer or therapist should probably conduct your interview.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Dooz likes this.
  11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

They had some very thoughtful commentary on the Bryce Thompson situation without brushing over the seriousness of it. The rest of the media in Knoxville need to take notes.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I didn’t realize there was one on iTunes as well. I was listening today through the Athletic app, so that must have been the midweek one referenced in the summary of the pod on iTunes.

Edit: Or not. I’m actually glad PFL is on iTunes bc I hate the Athletic pod interface, though I deal with it for some other teams. Guess I’ll have to for the midweek pods.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

More polished than VQ and 247, more on topic than 247.

I still prefer VQ, though. They tend to get more in the weeds, discussing rumors etc. I like a little reckless preseason and recruiting hype.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Or a proctologist.

hohenfelsvol, zehr27 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I bet Sab has a "I'm not a proctologist, but I'll take a look" shirt.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

"All I need is this....and THIS."

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I signed up for the free trial because of this thread, and I will have to say the Tennessee Takeaways article is the best thing I've read about yesterday's debacle.

It wasn't the university speaking through the press, it wasn't some smarmy jab at Tennessee, and it wasn't a failed attempt at literature in the sports page. It was just a guy who watches the game, who knew what he was watching, and who then wrote about it. I'm pretty impressed.

SetVol13, Tenacious D, NYY and 4 others like this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He even gets an interview with the guy whose boat caught fire.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's the only Knoxville media I need

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.