OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'd talk to HR. I do married and zero, last year was the first year I got anything back. Not a lot back either.

justingroves likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are you employed, sir?

kmf600 and IP like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Married and zero and you should get money back

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do married two less dependents than we actually have.

It breaks right at even. But I’d talk to HR.

It would be really curious to see what would happen to our government without payroll tax reductions.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Follow the worksheet.

If you and your wife total income is 103k or less, enter 10. Over 103k enter 6.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is what I do. We don't get massive refunds, but we don't wind up writing a check either.

7. CardinalVol

Ended up just going with Spectrum. Neither me or the wife could get 100% comfortable with cutting the cord. I know it's the cheapest/best option, but we just couldn't get comfortable with it.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys probably still have a home phone. We realized it was time when we stopped watching live TV

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was the easiest, smartest, cost efficient thing I ever did.

My only concern would be if my internet provider every decided to throttle speeds based on usage because obviously we’re data hogs.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also proud of myself for finally finding a deal on RedZone, $9.99 for the whole season.

11. CardinalVol

And this was the factor we could never get past.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

On the topic of internets and TV, it appears 16 mbps is the top available download speed available where I'm going to be living. Practically speaking, how good or bad is that? We stream movies/tv a bit, but that's about it besides surfing, etc.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess I’d hop right back on DirecTV, likely on a new subscriber deal and all the discounts that come with it, for 1-2 years, and then resume fighting with them every subsequent year after that.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You can stream HD. Hopefully you are getting the full 16 Mbps. Because if it drops too much, you'll drop to SD.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm thinking we will be fine so long as the kids are kept in line. We effectively had about 3 the last time we had wired service, and we couldn't do much beyond stream at SD. On the bright side, the prices are fairly low.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Where did you find it?

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Do you not have a cap? Comcast is 1TB/mth, or pay $30 for unlimited.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Full HD (1080) needs 5-8 Mbps according depending on which service FAQ you’re looking at (Netflix says 5, Hulu says 8, others are somewhere in between).

So you should be good streaming, but it’ll probably have to be limited to one screen at a time, two at max.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was a deal that Verizon was offering.

I obviously haven’t tested it out yet since the season hasn’t started, but was told it would work on both my Roku and AppleTV by downloading the NFL app.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nope. And I’m locked into my rate for another year (3 years total).

Also, [uck fay] Comcast.