Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, May 14, 2012.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't get the impression there are a lot of PC gamers around here (actually, I am not either, as I own a Mac) but this comes out tonight and Blizzard actually makes all their releases for both PC and Mac so I will be playing. Anyone else?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Would love to, but I have never gotten into PC gaming since the newer gen consoles. I think the game will be pretty epic though

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would be pissed to buy a game and then not be able to play it due to the servers being down and it having always online DRM.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I loved DII and wasted hours too numerous to count playing it.

I will probably take a look at DIII just to see what it is, but I doubt I will play. Blame it on age, family, and Blizzard waiting too damned long between DII ex-pack and DIII.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It looks a LOT like D III. So much so that it is really curious it took so long.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I'll be buying it tonight. Wish I could've bought it release night but was still adjusting from my work schedule.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Game is awesome, but the servers issues on Day 1 were inexcusable. There are a ton of Blizzard fanboys repeating the same "every online game goes through this" bullshit, but the bottom line is, I paid 60 dollars for a game that was unplayable for 1/3 of release day. I don't want a refund or anything like that, I want companies to get their shit together with stuff like this.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

DII was plagued with server issues as well. It is the #1 problem they should have fixed in the new issue, IMO.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Server issues are inevitable.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

To an extent, sure. But failing to anticipate everyone wanting to play it at release is just dumb.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Was that the reason for the actual issue? You can't stress test for that many people though no matter how open or long your beta is. Blizzard has always had a tough time at launch surprisingly - but you would figure it wouldn't be so bad after all the money they've made off WoW and SC2.. but not many other games are as heavily played like Blizzard's games are.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Anyone have any passes for this game? Wanting to try it out and see if it works well on my system

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

bought my digitally and only boxed copies get it apparently.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Well, you are absolutely worthless

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

buy it - its only 1 game.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

or pirate a game like skyrim and if that runs decently diablo 3 will run no problem.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Bearcat doesn't buy games.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You have no choice but to buy this game unless you want to wait for the crack and only play offline which will take forever too.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

shut the [uck fay] up [ock sucker cay]

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bearcat, I can probably get you a guest pass, let me talk to a friend that bought the hard copy. I will let you know in a couple days.