USA vs Scotland on NBC Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 26, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

So I hated the sash uniforms but... Where's Waldo isn't really the look of a menacing futbol team.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I really like em. Scotland won the national anthem duel 77-0 if I have to express it with a football score.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Great goal by Bradley. We look like we know what we are doing... against Scotland.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

And then we score another... for the other team.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uniforms are growing on me.

Not our best game, but I like the new style. It has a lot more upside to it and I think it will garner more wins than the more plodding and conservative style that we had some success with the previous 2 cups.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

5-1, putting in our backup goalie. This US team could end up being very exciting to watch over the next couple of years.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We've embarrassed Scotland. Their only point is an own-goal.

8. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

It is amazing what can happen when you are aggressive and have a lot of shots at goal. I hated watching them play for 4 chances all game.

Donovan showed why he the face of the MNT. The young players performed well too

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am having to remind myself it was only one game, because we looked REALLY good. Experience and youth playing well together.

As you implied, we had a TON of good looks this game, and looked rock solid on defense outside of a couple of lapses and the own-goal. Our midfield was as dominant as it has ever been recently.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I look at the team from the MF forward and see a lot of talent, not elite level mostly, but solid players, most of whom play overseas, several of whom are very well respected in the better leagues in the world. I like the more attacking style, and if the defense holds they can make it tough for most anybody to beat them I think. I'm afraid playing that forward against the better teams will get them punished though.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

With the previous style, we were definitely putting ourselves at risk against most any decent opponent. Sure, we may end up with more goals given up, but at least we are playing to win now. I don't have to tell you that scoring first is HUGE in this sport. We seem to be actually trying to do that now.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The USA looked like Germany out there today. I know it's just Scotland, but that's probably the best I've ever seen our midfield look.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We look as talented as I've ever seen us and each position has good players, including left back, for once. Fabian Johnson will be a real steal and I really hope we can get Tim Chandler back in the fold, so we can have those two shooting up the sides for the next 10 years.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Secret DoD plan to have black servicemen impregnate German women is paying off, IMO. Decision to enter WWII is looking better every day.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I laughed hard

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The sport is growing on me, and that was easily the most aggressive I've ever seen the MNT. Definitely more exciting to watch, and I thought we looked very good from the bits and pieces I got to see.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wish i had watched the game. I have thought that the MNT's style at times was so boring. It seemed like we played for counter-attacks and just took a few chances a game. This often times got us beat against really fast teams, Ghana for example, but I am glad to hear that they appear to be more up tempo. It is hard to win games if you can't score.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Upon reflection, I dig the Where's Waldo, candy cane jerseys. The solid reds are sharp too. Whoever signed off on the sash uniforms from last cycle ought to be banished to Nebraska.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's about time we got a jersey color discussion going on this site.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree on all counts. But darken the numbers so you can see them on TV.