JG

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 2, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

JG doesn't have it. It's obvious.

Let's take a look at some former Tennessee QBs:

Casey Clausen was a frosted tip, Zima drinking douche. No one really liked him off the field, but on the field he played like a frosted tips, Zima drinking douche and was 14-1 on the road. He would will teams to win despite mediocre play calling and some not so great receiver play (especially 2002 and 2003). He's extremely underrated by the majority of the Vol fanbase.

Brent Schaeffer was fun for a few games.

Erik Ainge was mentally and physically fragile, but when he was on, he was pretty damn good. When he was off, it was terrible.

Crompton didn't realize his limitations after shoulder surgery, but once he had a non dysfunctional offensive staff coaching him, he got drafted.

Matt Simms was a robot and played the role of tackling dummy well while the freshmen oline gelled.

Tyler Bray was the gunslinger that loved to talk shit. He never met a throw he wouldn't attempt to make.

Worley wasn't that good, but he was also crammed into a read option style offense and was screwed hard for two years by Butch.

Dobbs singlehandedly kept Butch employed.

What good things can you say about JG? He's tough?

tvolsfan and Memtownvol like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He throws a good spiral.

And Casey in his oversized clown shoes would never slide a yard short of a first down on 3rd down against anybody

DC Vol and Memtownvol like this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dual threat.

utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Clausen runs better than JG. Let that sink in.

5. Ssmiff

Unbelievable people saw him play and stuck with that.
    He runs like he thinks the grass is going to give way

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Casey would’ve hurled himself head first toward the marker.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I got nothing.

8. Ssmiff

Clausen was an arrogant California kid who wouldve never been the player he was, without the arrogance, matched with his effort.
    I remember seeing him down at an Old city late night dance club dancing with his shirt off. He was a west coast gronk loving being the big dog.

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Clauses never met a 15-20 yard throw he didn’t like...on third and 2!

By now, JG should have a feel for the game, but he has no instincts at all. It is really odd. I think he is a bright kid and a decent athlete. The really odd thing is that when you take a beating like he has historically, you are generally well respected by team mates. Doesn’t seem like he inspires any camaraderie among teammates. He’s like Tyler Bray without the arm strength/confidence.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

11. lol vol

lol vol Member

He is tough. He can sling the rock. He has ok mobility.

Unfortunately, he has no touch. He’s usually a statue, very robotic. He can’t read a defense. He usually doesn’t lose the game, but he will never rally a team to victory.

The play Saturday that sums up JG’s career for me was the 4th and 3 where he passes to Andrew Craig for a gain of 2, when he had Callaway open for a first down. Those plays don’t show up statistically, but that’s how you lose to Georgia State.

12. Ssmiff

3rd and 3, down 1 in 4th, good posituon on field, and he dumps to the flat, afraid to zip it to a wide ass open easy throw for a first down to extend the drive. I think GS scored the next drive.

Attached Files:

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

His mobility is terrible.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why in the hell do you have a tight end running routes behind the line, anyway?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think it has more to do with awareness than ability to move

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That’s a part of it. He isn’t elusive, agile, or fast, either.

InVolNerable likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he has some speed, but he hesitates so much that you never actually see him run with purpose. I'm not saying that to be funny. Even when he "runs" he is still unsure holding back.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

20. Ssmiff

Have a feeling if JG was in a big track event, he'd be late off the block and run a 5.5.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.