2020 Vol BBall Recruiting....

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm very sure Springer is in

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Based on what?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The metal plate in his knee bothering him less than usual

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There do seem to be some rumblings about him committing.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Been trending our way for a while

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, Cam Hayes, a 5-star PG, reclassifies to 2020 and, in an article, states Tennessee is out "due to a commitment". Connecting the dots, Springer is the only other PG we are recruiting, so it stands to reason he is the guy Hayes is referring to there. If so, this is, bar none, the best recruiting class in Tennessee history.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Surprised Springer committing means Hayes is counting us out. He’s not a pure point.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also worth noting that we likely aren’t done even with Springer joining our already stout commitment list. PJ Hall is a big in this class that we are still targeting.

9. Unimane

Also, Asst. Coach Kim English is in Memphis today, recruiting Kennedy Chandler, a top 20 player and PG in the 2021 class. We're swimming in deep waters these days.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lots of Portuguese man-o-wars in the waters in Memphis for us

11. Unimane

If Barnes can be the first UT coach to snag Memphis b-ball players Tiger High wanted, and without paying for them (Tony Harris), he will have earned a sizeable chunk of his salary.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barnes walking around with his fists clenched.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Jerry Meyer just flipped his Springer CB from UNC to UT.

Done deal IMO

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

will all these dudes sign in the early period?

15. Unimane

Yes, which is another brilliant factor in all of this. We'll, likely, have 3 five-star players signed, sealed and delivered for Barnes to then be able to focus on a big man or two in the spring class. From what I understand, we'll have 1, maybe 2, scholarships left after the 5 star trio.

16. Unimane

17. Ssmiff

Wtf uni I honestly didnt think we would be recruiting at this level. Yes I realize what we are paying for but still.

18. Unimane

I actually thought he would recruit dudes like this, considering this is a guy who got Kevin Durant from Baltimore to Texas. But, not this many, though.

I have always argued Tennessee was a massive opportunity for the right person. We just kept hiring the Jerry Greens and Buzz Petersons of the world.

19. Ssmiff

Looking forward to seeing what happens this year. Have a feeling Barnes will find 3 or 4 strengths and tell those guys to try to take over when they get the ball. This team may be built to run

20. Unimane

Some dude from Volquest is, supposedly, claiming a coach at Springer's school stated the only way he isn't at Tennessee is if Barnes isn't the coach.