Pruitt on the start of the season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 9, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the kind of answer I like, the No Bullshit Coach I hoped and expected to get.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was direct and to the point

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

That doesn’t make anything right. His explanation means zilch. 0-2 against inferior opponents. 0-4 in last 4 games...all humiliating. He is terrible. Just terrible at hc. Butch would have been no worse than 1-1 and he is terrible.

chavisut likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I saw a couple questionable coaching moves, but I do every game I watch and it doesnt matter who is playing. He may not last but they planned and coached a good game Saturday.

NYY and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. TDVol1989

The scoreboard says otherwise. I could have coached that win. If you want to analyze footwork go ahead. But there is the motivational side of the game. He sucks like a Hoover. No energy. You remember Kiffin willing Bryce Brown’s TD run??? You ever see Saban chewing ass? Pruitt just stands there thinking about dinner.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Feel as you wish. Anybody who brings up kiffin and Bryce to make a point, loses me anyway.
    I try to keep emotion out of it. GS sucked and if he was fired after, it woulda been fine with me.
    -We held byu to 1 td drive in regulation and it was a short field.
    -We rushed for 250, handled their run game, and blocked as well as we have in awhile.
    -we had a passing game with wrs open everywhere.
    -we blitzed all night trying to make a play, instead of sitting back scared.
    -we got the ball inside their 35 6 times, scored on 1 lucky pass and made us desperate on 4th down plays, but again, trying to make a foot and win the game, from under center, as we wanted for years.

The staff coached well enough to win vs BYU, the players and recruits know it. Coaches had us in position for easy scores and defense didnt give up a td drive over 25 yards. Maybe this week and florida is different but I didnt see what you saw.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I mean, I'm a layman here and not a 7-figure/year football coach... but I'd rate Tennessee versus Mizzou and Vandy as "being on our heels".

Or maybe 50 points and almost 500 yards is a little past "on our heels".

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think the technical term is “grabbing your heels”

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

MIZZOU = BOHICA

11. TDVol1989

I think Pruitt just isn’t a hc. Plain and simple. Not a bad guy. Just not a hc.

12. TDVol1989

Just because someone knows how to hammer nails doesn’t mean they can design houses.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If hollering is all it takes to be a great coach, Muschamp is Lombardi reincarnated.

lylsmorr likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt chewed Guarantano's ass pretty good on Saturday night

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's made a lot of bad choices thus far. Basically wasted his entire first year.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*year zero

kmf600 likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stop.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If UT wins a close game this weekend and he comes out saying anything even remotely resembling “I’m not going to apologize for winning”, I’ll personally install a for sale sign in front of his house.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully not Kevin Steele at Baylor bad but some guys do seem better suited as position coaches or coordinators