Does a short wiki exist about the history of the 8th maxim?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Scorched Colon, May 27, 2012.

1. Scorched Colon

Scorched Colon New Member

Where did most of y'all come from? Is this a sunshine pumping board? What are the demographics here?

I am looking around for a Tennessee message board to post on. This place might do the trick.

TIA

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most of us splittered off of volnation. We disagreed with the moderation style over there, where they tend to cater to the lowest common denominator and protect the most ridiculous elements of the fan base from mockery or even reality checks. We have lost members before due to being "Dooley haters," whatever that means. Anyone is welcome to post most any opinion here, so long as they can back it up with reason. There are very few taboos here, with blatant racism being perhaps the only one.

Feel free to mix it up around here, and see what you think.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I actually wouldn't mind a little more Dooley support over here just to get some more healthy football debate going.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

dooley sucks

5. Scorched Colon

It won't be coming from me.....

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

A man that goes by "scorched colon" isn't likely to be willing to tolerate Dooley's shit.

7. Scorched Colon

I did eat mexican earlier...replete with a mariachi band that was playing some sort of Americana folk songs....really just form all around.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Will be able to shit through a screen without hitting a single wire, imo.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Welcome. Post often.

10. Scorched Colon

Thanks. Are the board demographics more along the lines of 30 +? I don't think that I can withstand a lot of drama queens.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, definitely not very many under 18 are here. I would say the average age is over 30, but there are plenty of us in our mid 20's.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We had a post your age thread some where.

Don't remember the exact statistics but most here carry themselves pretty well regardless of age.

13. Scorched Colon

dude, I am older than dirt.....

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We got a few folks who aren't exactly spring chickens. You'll fit in just fine, I expect.

15. Scorched Colon

If I don't, then I imagine someone will let me know. Which one of the forums as the most activity? Tennessee football or this one?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dunno, I usually just hit the "new posts" button in the upper left rather than searching by forum. I suppose the checkerboard does, given it is the offseason.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I resemble that remark.

Welcome SC. I like it here with all these whippersnappers.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

OV is chuckling somewhere.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the 8th is a straight shooter board. don't bs and don't be easily offended and you will enjoy your time here.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

IIRC Indy's poll had a majority of our board in the 20's.