Evidence Bethlehem existed

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, May 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize it was previously unproven. I thought there still was a Bethlehem.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why does Bethlehem have 29,000 people living in it if it was previously unknown? I'm confused. It'd be like me announcing the discovery of Maryville, Tennessee.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Was news to me as well, but i didn't want to look ignorant. But now that i think about it you never hear about anyone going there.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can indeed verify this city exists.

7. CardinalVol

I can indeed verify this city exists.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If I were looking for Bethlehem, I believe I would start looking in Bethlehem too

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Until they can verify the existence of Jerusalem, Egypt, or Rome, I shall remain skeptical.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

strange

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

We must be missing something. Bethlehem has tax records from the Romans to the Ottomans, why would anyone question it's existence?

12. CardinalVol

All I can think of as being questioned is the date of it's beginning and referencing King David, as he was born in/around there.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. CardinalVol

It's the same. See my post above.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that makes sense. thanks.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was about to post my surprise that people were looking to prove the existence of Bethlehem. Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How's the search for evidence of spontaneously combusting plants and whales with condos in their digestive tract going?

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Likely close to to the same as your search for an example of something coming from nothing.

19. hatvol96

That's the difference. I'm not searching for anything. What will the Bible crew up with next? That Jerusalem is a real? That people in fact used to have mangers in their stables? That astronomy can be used for directional guidance? If they keep coming up with groundbreaking discoveries like this, I'm really going to have to rethink my position.

20. hatvol96

You mean like the "nothing" this nebulous "God" character had to come from?