Does David Climer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Apr 30, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

You have him pegged perfectly. He doesn't have anything interesting to write about. During February and March, he wrote about 3 articles stating that Pat Summitt should retire. All 3 articles said exactly the same thing. He's useless. I wish the Tennessean would can him like they did Biddle.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Newspaper writers are a dying breed, especially ones like him that don't have any side gigs going with a sports network or major website. Twitter and message boards are killing people like him. News travels too fast now to wait for a newspaper to report something.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He still gets most of his material from PF. He still well connected.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Like Jimmy Hyams??

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yes, without the 3 month delay.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really don't understand the defense part either.

9. Scorched Colon

Scorched Colon New Member

this is off of ESPN Insider:

Tennessee hasn't been wildly successful in recruiting while [ddiapos] has been the Volunteers' head coach. As Dooley sits on the hot seat entering his third season at Rocky Top, the Volunteers can't get antsy while recruiting. It's not the best approach for a rebuilding program despite falling behind during current recruiting efforts. Tennessee at the moment only has seven verbal commitments to the 2013 class.

"The challenge for Derek and his staff is not to panic, not to look around and say, 'Oh, we don't have enough recruits,' and then take a bunch of kids in June that maybe aren't as good as other players they are waiting on," Volquest.com's Brent Hubbs told David Climer of the Tennessean.

"They need to have a little patience and not take guys just to fill out the numbers. Schools get in trouble by taking some guys early because that takes you out of play for other guys that may be better players."

Dooley and his staff could lay in the weeds while programs like Alabama and Georgia get the first crack among SEC caliber recruits. Tennessee, meanwhile, will have quality recruits available to them and could benefit once those classes are filled.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Isn't 7 commits better than either other off season for Dooley?

I don't get too upset or excited about recruiting until February. LOI's are all that matters to me.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep, this is the most he's had this early.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't care about recruiting at all until the calendar hits January 15 or so.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Making Climer's article even dumber then.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

ESPN insider sounds a lot like Climer...