Recommended YouTube Channels / Podcasts

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Worth linking again, it's great stuff.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I honestly think I could drop all tv and netflix and just watch youtube videos.

Anything with craftsmen or building I get sucked into

NYY likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This guy -

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does Amazon help you out if you are porchlifted?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No idea, but probably not.

7. cpninja

cpninja Member

Amazon will usually help you a couple times for basically any reason but once you go over a certain value of "lost" items they tell you to screw off, more or less.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So here is some good stuff, for those interested:

"Eclectic" history channel that usually focuses on the minutiae of combat over the eons - lindybeige.
    He's a very non-PC historian and the information presented on his channel is very accurate, well sourced and free of the neo-revisionism that some modern historians suffer.

Basic food channel - Binging with Babish
    Guy has a good sense of humor and his recipes are usually "dude focused"

Comedy channel disguised as a food channel - You suck at cooking
    self explanatory

Historically-based food channel with direct interpretations of 18th Century recipes - Townsends
    This guy irritates my wife but he actually grew on me. Kind of eccentric as he dresses in 18th Century garb and cooks his 18th century stuff in an 18th century kitchen.

Find a car in a field and make it run as well as general purpose pre-1990 car channel - ThunderHead289, Dylan McCool and Junkyard Digs
    They have some pretty good info and a very GOB banter vibe on their stuff.

Woodworking with a mix of modern and antique stuff - Andy Rawls
    Guy doesn't overly talk into the camera, which is good. He also will explain exactly what techniques and tools he's making as well as some pretty good input on how different woods handle different techniques/etc.

Guy in the middle of nowhere making huts and smelting copper - Primitive Technology
    I recommend watching without captions and trying to guess what he's doing and/or the processes that combine to build what he's making. Then watch with captions for a pretty detailed analysis of how what he's doing. Doesn't. Say. A. Word.

These are pretty much my main digs through the day. There can be some pretty good stuff on YouTube still but a lot of these folks depend on Patreon now.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Third cost craftsman on youtube.

He does with wood, what NNY does with a [ock cay]. Pure artist

NYY likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Historical cooking guy is awesome. The catfish stew from Mt. Vernon series was really good.

Paul Sellers is the best instructional woodworker on YouTube, IMO.

Just picked up a guy who restores Hot Wheels. He’s only got a few videos, but they’re good.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you're talking about the townsends videos, they're pretty good.

I liked the one were they made a caone. You could tell the fat guy helping got way in over his head on the physical labor part of the job.

DC Vol likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is very good. Like, [uck fay]ing good.

Rogan, so plenty of f-bombs. You know the deal.

13. Tenacious D

I enjoy this channel. The Bell Life. Hicks from Kentucky who do Kentucky shit. Also love Trump. Good watch.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What's the solution?

15. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Ive always enjoyed watching metal detecting videos.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Fast forward 5 years later to age 11 and he watches Dude Perfect, Como Blitzball, Ireland Boys, dodgerfilms, and anything fortnite.

17. Tenacious D

Check out Aquachigger.

Dude does metal detecting in water - particularly in areas where people go river rafting, near Civil War encampments, etc. - it’s amazing the shit he finds.

18. Tenacious D

Drown it in cash. Largely my cash and yours.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. Tenacious D

Culpable podcast.

18-year old in Meridian, MS commits suicide after falling in love with a woman and the wrong crowd. But there are problems with those findings, and on multiple fronts. One one of the kids who is alleged to be involved in tjr death is a close relative of the Meridian DA.

Victim’s mom becomes a one-woman avenger, and the story quickly grows to involve a cast of characters, the Meridian Police, DA, etc.

I’m about halfway through it now, and it’s a pretty good story, and similarly produced to S-Town.

Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/culpable/id1466330985