Norris Lake

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 29, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone here frequent it, present or past?

The moniker, "The Dead Sea" seems about right. But it's most accurate title should be, "Ohioans Vacation Mecca".

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grew up near it. Clean water.

3. Brutus

Brutus Banned

TD, the correct moniker they use on Norris would be "FIFOs" [uck fay]in Idiots From Ohio. Amazing little title now isn't it. LOL

4. Tenacious D

I've heard "FIFO" more in the last month than at any time previous.

They seem nice enough, regardless.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Til you started peeing in it all the time, right?

6. Tenacious D

Yes, I think the absence of all aquatic life, absent some smallmouth and several legions of striper, are to blame.

I like boating, but damn, I'd occasionally like to catch some panfish, too.

7. Brutus

Brutus Banned

We are till you piss us off.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Used to have quite a bit of luck fishing there. Got to hit the deep spots with the hot weather you're having.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I lived in Ohio for a year or so. I can't blame them for wanting to go somewhere.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've never seen people who love heading to lakes as much as those in Ohio. As someone else said, can't blame them.

With that said, we were visiting the in-laws in Cincinnati this weekend. They had a mailer sitting on the dining room table advertising lakefront property on Norris. I have to admit I was taken aback a bit until my father-in-law informed me how many people had places down there.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I remember seeing a map in the UC one time that showed that Ohio produced the third most out of state students on campus. Peerless Price and Chuck Webb are the two most important of these imports, imo.

12. TennTradition

I run into a ton of Tennessee fans when I'm in Cincinnati. A guy in his 70s came up to me this weekend and told me to carry the torch to Michigan and delivered a very welcome "Go Vols" when he saw my license plate as we were getting out of the car.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's why I've always been certain a Skyline or Gold Star on the Strip would do huge business. UT has always had a huge Cincinnati contingent.

14. TennTradition

Skyline, imo, fwiw, gbo, igit.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They sell Skyline in the freezer section at Kroger's and Harris Teeter now. I buy in bulk.

Also, Knoxville could use a Frisch's Big Boy.

16. TennTradition

I love Frisch's. We have Big Boy's up here, but for god's sake they don't even put tartar sauce on their Big Boy's.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I killed 20 Gold Star chilli dogs at a Bengals game once. My body changed that day... forever.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There's a Skyline in Ft. Lauderdale. I wore that place out when I lived down there.

19. TennTradition

I don't get fancy. I'm a three way and two cheese coneys, no mustard kind of guy.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't know that I've ever been to Cincinnati without engaging in some nonsense at either Frisch's Big Boy or Willie's in Covington.