Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

100 x 0 = 0, so yeah, he might be right.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, whatever. maybe it is. not good enough either way.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I love how most of this board was just salivating for any possible reason to jump on the fire Pruitt bandwagon. It's like y'all love to be the first ones to say this coach sucks. Fact is Pruitt is 100% getting a 3rd year and most likely gets a 4th.

We have a staff full of some really great coaches with decades of experience and you guys act like you know more than the guys who see the team everyday.

Last year we lacked depth and majorly were lacking in player S&C because the previous staff didn't care. The main problem is the QB and it's obvious. Do you really think Chaney would start JG over either of the other 2 if he didn't think he was better.

There are some very football knowledgable people on this board, but you guys need to see this team for what it is. Young and still lacking depth and SEC caliber players.

Has he made mistakes? Sure. Every coach makes them though. This team hopefully continues to improve like they have the past 3 weeks.

Calm down

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Excuse machine churning.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Exactly. Give the guy a chance to turn around the dumpster fire he inherited. Not directed towards you IP.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You mean facts.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The lack of depth really hurt when playing a bottom feeder Sun Belt team. Needed more blue chips to compete with them.

A-Smith, TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just because you say it's fact doesn't actually make it a fact.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Saban's lost to ULM with better players than we have. Just saying.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What players on this team would start for other SEC teams?

I'd guess most are under classmen.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great. Saban was a national champion head coach and still is. That was also his first year with Alabama. Pruitt was allowed some leeway his first year. Not so much now.

13. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Quick breakdown:

2018 (2-2)
    ------
    14-40 WV (L)
    59-3 ETSU (W)
    20-0 UTEP (W)
    21-47 UF (L)

Points For - 114
    Points Against - 90

2019 (1-3)
    -----
    30-38 GSU (L)
    26-29 BYU (L)
    45-0 UTC (W)
    3-34 UF (L)

Points For - 104
    Points Against - 101

Improvements include...better at losing? Scoring fewer points? Giving up more points?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TBF he's had to compete with a strength of schedule ranked 77 out of 130. Can't expect too much.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is year -100

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good for him if he can't navigate out of this horrendous start. The 16 games we've seen with him at the helm inspire no confidence it will happen.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Players have only had two years in a real S&C program.

droski likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see no connection between whether he "sucks" or not and him being here at least 2 more years. it doesn't mean he does or does not suck.

19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Wait just a damn minute. I wanted to give him a chance. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut. Saying that we are 100x better than last year and looking like he's sticking with JG as QB is him just trolling the fanbase or maybe he's just one of these guys that buries his head in the sand because he can't be wrong. I don't care. I wanted him to succeed. I didn't even wig out on him after Ga State OR BYU. But to ignore the glaring QB issue then make THAT statement............it's just too much.

And just because I think he's an idiot has no bearing on whether or not he'll be here for one or two more years. But the fans are going to go nuclear on him if UGA wipes their ass with us at Neyland after this comment and if he sticks with JG.

Volokie likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

King of hard to look worse than we did game 1.

They still looked awful game 4. Yeah, "better", but what kind of barometer is that.