Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't think anybody with half a brain was expecting Saban, just merely to have your defense lined up, disciplined, and technically astute. That being said, the real problem is the desire to play a 2004-style offense in 2019. If you don't have a guy that can process lightning fast and has an arm to go with it, you must have a mobile QB. And it seems like they spent way too much time trying to prepare JG to be a pro-prospect(which he's never going to be) instead of using his legs to help open the offense.

There are about 3 P5 teams who line up in 21 or 12 personnel and run between the tackles for a chunk of their offense. 2 of those teams are Georgia and Alabama and the other is Wisconsin, who's been recruiting the same superfreak 6'5"-6'8" 310-350lb OL prototype for 30 years, all of whom seem to be in state guys. If we're gonna run 10-11 personnel we have to have a mobile qb to open up lanes for the running game and keep LBs and safeties honest.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Stanford

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I enjoy how much Pruitt dislikes Kirby.

warhammer and Tenacious D like this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want Pruitt to win here so badly. Anyone that throws shade on Georgia is a guy I can pull for.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same

justingroves likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he’d just beat his ass at midfield after the game I’d go ahead and give him another year.

kmf600, warhammer, MaconVol and 2 others like this.
  7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I want Pruitt to leave so badly...excuses. He leaves out his own stooooopidity. Smacktalkers need to back it up, not lose

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Pruitt is making it hard for me to like him. He needs to start winning.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I want Pruitt to succeed because that will mean we are winning and recruiting. Starting another coaching search now or next year doesn't excite me as much as others. I'd rather win with what we have, get some stability, have pruitts guys recruit, get the last Butch guys outta here, get a qb and go play some entertaining football

Memtownvol and SeabeeVol like this.
  11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hot take alert.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Psh

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At this point, expecting UT to go out and hire a good coach is on par with expecting #2 to go out and put up 300 and 4 TDs

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There is an experienced coach who will take the job. His resume includes SEC and National Titles. He has beat Saban. The we can’t get argument doesn’t fly. He may not be exactly what we want but he would bring instant improvement. Our competition is a basketball school.

You cannot will Pruitt to be a great coach. He isn’t. If you want him to stay AND be successful you better go find another Cutcliffe.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Are you talking about Urban? Hahahahaha

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, Bob Stoops would have to file a restraining order if I were Fulmer.

I would go hard at Paul Chryst, Josh Huepel or Bryan Harsin if you want an active head coach.

But no to Les and I laugh at Urban

RockyHill likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Matt Rhule would be another I would talk to

chavisut likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Spurrier

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Three restraining orders from Knox County, whichever county Stoops is living in and the FBI.

And even then I might take a boat out into international waters once a week.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, but if Fulmer's making the next hire it's probably Doug Marrone