POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A generalization, based on my own personal observation: I don’t think most Americans have taken China, and the threat they represent, seriously. Or, even at all.

I’m excited for more Americans to become familiar with them, and particularly their aims, means and ends.

I’ll use this as a repository for my personal fear-mongering files, exclusively sourced on nationality and race.

It’s amazing how quickly and easily I can go along with American interventionism, for causes that I like and prefer.

Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tuned-for-retaliation-over-u-s-tech-blacklist

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They are going to be a bigger issue that the USSR ever thought about being.

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah it’s the real deal.

It’s why the trade war is one Trump policy I’ve been willing to sit back and watch. It’s going to take a DNGAF attitude and still might not work.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

China's leaders aren't economic idiots.

And agree, even if I have to bite lip sometimes. Still may cost him next year.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This whole NBA thing is quite interesting to me.

The Rockets GM has unassumingly crystallized the entire Chinese threat for tens of millions of Americans. Yeah they have economic interest. Yeah they are making huge investments. And then this. Whoa boy. You feel those financial tentacles tightening.

And as far as I know, Trump has been silent on it. You could say it’s because he’s distracted by pending impeachment. But if dude is shrewd (and when it comes to people he is), he stays out of it for a while. Right now, it’s us vs them. And he’s leading the fight on another front. Let folks continue to crystallize this issue without inserting the Trump left vs right factor and you will have gained some basis points you wouldn’t have found otherwise.

6. Tenacious D

I appreciated and respected NBA Commish Silva’s followup letter, earlier today.

It didn’t go quite far enough, but it was a damned sight closer to where it needed to be, after the blowback on the Rockets GM.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

we need to be a light in the darkness for the Chinese people, not an accomplice to their bandage.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. cpninja

cpninja Member

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

China is not the people. We can be China'd too. Hong Kong protesters are right: "you're next."

warhammer likes this.
  11. cpninja

cpninja Member

12. Tenacious D

Harvard professor working for China. Assistant was actual Lieutenant in People’s Army.

Link: https://time.com/5773366/harvard-professor-arrested/

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The new cold war

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unfortunately, this probably isn't an isolated case. I think China actively assigns their citizens tasks while they are here, especially in academia and research. And by tasks, I mean information to steal.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I've been prattling on about BRICS since they formed it. I think Obama moved in the right direction, but with the wrong urgency. He correctly tried to divide India from China, but didn't move enough to block Chinese colonization of Africa.

Trumps stance on blocking Chinese subsidized steel/aluminum was correct, but he was the wrong person to deliver that message. European leaders are going from the fire and into the frying pan by dancing with China while opposing Trump for cheap political points.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

dc4utvols likes this.
  18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They're going to halve the tariffs they put on because of Trump, and that is a win?

Is that like going to Vegas, losing a $1,000 in slots and then bragging to all your buddies that you won $ 500 at blackjack?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Same thing I wondered. Creating messes and then cleaning them up, sort of, while claiming credit. Tonight, I'm going to shit on my kitchen floor, clean up the mess and then yell at my wife if she doesn't thank me for picking up the house.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trump created the mess?