Grade Pruitt's Staff

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

More than 1 running play?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kesling and Priest will actually have to work now. Seems like all they had to say last year was "incomplete pass", "taken down for a loss", "handoff right" or "handoff left", or "shakes off 3 tackles and gains 2 yards"

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Mo Hard could be joining staff in QC role.

Yes.

10SEvols likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Teach the RBs that filthy spin

5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

This is about where I’m at.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that should upgrade the staff grade just because its Hardesty, a vfl that is a badass who played in the league and can still relate to these recruits.

8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Bumping this thread from almost 2 years ago. It's almost like a prediction thread, if you posted how wrong were you? How right were you?

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is the most accurate thing in this thread.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think we all knew Helton had the potential to not be very good with little experience as the main play caller. Looking back, JG and the OL may have contributed to that too.

I'm a little surprised Rocker hasn't been better, as I think we all felt the Defensive staff as a whole was going to be really good.

I think the OL has gotten better, and that may be more Chaney, but Friend at least gets a passing grade.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A guy from Alaska that went to two JUCOs then to Arkansas Pine Bluff to play football can talk to anyone

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

The staff as a whole, I would say F. This has been a "groundhog day" coaching disaster for far too long. Over the last 15 years or so it's been rinse and repeat. I honestly think that Pruitt is worse than Butch and I never thought that would be possible.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Pruitt is a much better football coach.

BigOrangeBeech, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And it isn't even close.

15. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I'm not a fan of Jones but I'm also not a fan of struggling to make a bowl game. All I'm saying is I'm not sticking up for either one of them. They both suck.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I get your frustration, but they basically had the same 1st year. Then Butch had Dobbs. That is the ONLY reason he won at all. Give Pruitt Dobbs this season and we have at least 2 more wins. Everything looks completely different with 8/9 wins pretty solid.

And I have my beefs with Pruitt. Shoulda played Maurer and that blew his season up. But he isn’t Butch terrible. He at least understands football playing!! He may ultimately end up losing more than butch though over 1 personnel move and a long nap before the GaSt game...if it hurts him at the recruiting ballot box

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Given the staff turnover and current state. Less than desired.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's hard to judge the offensive staff, they rebuilt it damn near entirely

The defensive staff has been bad

19. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

It's a steady mess at best.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Give Pruitt Dobbs and he’d start JG.