Recommended YouTube Channels / Podcasts

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

started this today. I’m hooked 3 episodes in.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I listened to the entire "To Live and Die in LA" podcast. It's an abomination. Like if I ever meet Neil Strauss I'm going to be the shit out of him.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

How does that work, exactly? You Mystique?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not sure if you’re trying to talk me into it or if you’re trying to talk me out of if, but I’m intrigued.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There isn’t enough meat there for the dozen or so episodes that they have, so it gets a bit repetitive.

And, take this with a grain of salt, but it grows increasingly slanted, the further it goes. The podcast production crew go from wondering if the kid was murdered to openly advocating and pushing the idea of it. The forensic expert will make some quickly casual mention of a most pertinently important fact, but only to step right over it, so as to hound some point that’s little more than conjecture, so pay close attention to those dudes.

I’m probably 90% through it now, and would be curious to hear what you think happened, when you have an opinion, one way or another.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Get ready to hear a story about an open and shut case with a mountain of evidence where at the end he decides to accuse a different guy basically because his two ex-wives say he’s a dickhead.

He also spends about thirty minutes building up this scene where he’s going to confront a potential killer (presumably alone, not with a whole bunch of production people recording the incident) only to have him knock on the door and... and... no one is home. That’s like an entire episode.

Also introduces a theory that the cops killed a guy, where the guy’s best friend was actually present and watched the dude kill himself. Just on and on like that. Making these huge leaps in logic and then dramatic music as he talks about how he just broke the case.

The Dooz likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. Most days I just turn into Rebecca Romijn and play with my boobs.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bushradical

Has a nice little channel about a guy homesteading in Alaska

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. MWR

MWR Contributor

If you ever need any guidance on lawn mower, chain saw, roto tiller, etc, this is who you need to watch.

Taryl Fixes All

Wild opening and closing scenes, but he does some good work on machines.

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

We met Nuggetnoggin at a relic show. Really good guy and does lots of detecting in SC and western NC.

Others are good but i wonder if their finds are not staged for viewership especially the ones with 1 million plus subscribers.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’m still listening. It’s getting to be real redundant, though. And I’m beginning to see the slant you talked about. I’m still not ready to make a decision yet, though.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Listening to Dr. death with the wife. This is a doozy.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

That was hard to listen to. The thing that really stood out though was there were a couple of those 911 dispatchers who sounded annoyed at the people who were quite literally burning up.

I understand there was chaos and it was a highly intense situation but I know I would have been more sympathetic and calmer about the situation itself. That one lady shouldn't be doing that for a living IMO. Maybe I'm off base because I've never done that type of job but I honestly wanted to smack the shit out of her after listening to a couple of the calls she was the dispatcher for.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve been going down the Joe Rogan rabbit hole

Mike Rowe and him need to run for president

utvol0427, NYY and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The farmhands companion show is really good.

Son of a [itch bay] is a crazy craftsman just working by himself.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dale Jr Download, lots of NASCAR stuff, little contemporaneous, but mainly distant past and recent history. The episode “Settling Old Scores” with he and Kyle Busch is particularly good.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is Spotify going to be the technology platform to replace YouTube and podcast.

Seems like a big move by getting rogan and they're starting a video service too for him.