Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Pruitt has a good game plan and looked like he had almost every player ready to go. I like the way they fought.

That being said I just hope he’s also not the guy whose going to have a clunker game like Georgia State every year.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I get the reasons for optimism but I’m worried about the QB situation. I’m still at 4-8, maybe 5-7, if you put a gun to my head.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree on Maurer. He’s been banged up or concussed 4 times now

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't watch this game for the first time in literally so long as I remember. The 3AM kickoff wasn't worth it for a known outcome. Would I be correct, barring some details on injuries and such, that this pretty much summarizes the game?

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think anybody would have been hurt in those situations.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why was that not a late unnecessary penalty for a shove? The ball was long gone

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah. Was BS that it wasn’t a roughing call.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

After September I didn’t think there was any way. It’s astounding how quickly this team has gone from looking like 90s Vanderbilt to a competent football team that can win games in the SEC. there’s obviously still plenty of work to do, but I believe again that he can do it. I know we’ll probably have at least one off game in the next five weeks, but it’d be great to start with continuing this improvement through November instead of completely falling apart the last two weeks of the season like last year—even if we don’t make a bowl (although if we continue improving throughout the year, and Maurer can play, I think a bowl is no worse than 50/50)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Next Saturday should clear up whether they get to 6 or not. If they get to 5 playing a banged up Maurer and Shrout to finish the year that's not gonna be as bad as it seems for the future.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

More or less.

Even after the 2 terrible calls by the officials UT is on the goaline down 2 scores with 8 mins left.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Mizzou and USCe are the only excusable losses left for me. Vandy, UK and UAB need to all be wins.

If Maurer can get healthy and stay healthy we can get to 6. But I dont see us winning next week without him, unless Shrout surprises us, but something tells me JG will be back out there.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

JG is headed north.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Makes me wish I had watched. I might have if I had thought about looking for what time it kicked off before yesterday morning.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hope so

15. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I’m surprised anyone will still take him.

16. Ssmiff

Didnt bring a flag, was 5x worse. I seriously believe momentum needed to be changed and the ref found a way to do it. Game over type call.
    Non call below.

17. Ssmiff

Now?!

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

To lock down JG one needs to either A: go into full coverage or B: Blitz. In fact, I am not sure what defensive strategy it is he is hoping for. Like, is there a situation that he's like, "alright, they're doing 'x', now I got 'em."

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

According to some guy on VQ that’s probably lying, but it’s cool so I’ll post it anyway, Pruitt’s postgame speech essentially consisted of “We aren’t losing another game the rest of the [uck fay]ing year. Let’s get our shit and go home.”

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt's post game with Kessling was funny. He would calmly answer a question, then angrily rant about officiating, then answer another question.

NorrisAlan likes this.