Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

His only hope is single man coverage on the outside and the rushers don’t manage to get to him when he throws it at some random time, which has nothing to do with the coverage or pressure, and then the receiver manages to win a jump ball situation on an underthrown pass or the defender and receiver get tangled up enough to draw a flag. That’s the Guarantanoffense.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is 100% accurate. It's also why Kevin Steele is an overrated defensive coordinator

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Eh, is he overrated? I think all Auburn folks have him pretty fairly pegged. With the right personnel (which he’s had all 4 of his years at AU) he can give you an elite defense. That said, you’re gonna get burnt sometimes if your opponent can hit those plays JG was hitting last year. Most teams can’t.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When did a slight tug on the facemask become front page news? Seriously, when did this become taboo?

I remember watching Lou Holtz drag a 300 pound lineman off the field at Notre Dame by his face mask, from the hash to the sidelines.

Wtf?

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Send him first class if that speeds up the process and send me the bill. That'd be money well spent.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

When feelings started being a substitute for reality.

8. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

when i saw the face mask thing my first impression was JG giving him a go to hell look and Pruitt wasn't done with him yet - not a damn thing wrong with that

warhammer, Memtownvol, reVOLt and 2 others like this.
  9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

When you guys look at Pruitt yelling at garanatano , pay attention to the look that Kennedy was giving him. That was one pissed off olineman looking at his QB!

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The more I think about last night, the madder I get. Pruitt has these kids ready to play and it showed. They played their hearts out. Between bad penalty calls,(which even my wife noticed that once we got inside the 20 that the refs started throwing flags) and the boneheaded thing JG did, we were in position to win that game. I truly believe that if we get the right kids in this recruiting cycle, we beat bama next year at Neyland. And again to the snowflakes that think Pruitt went overboard on JG, have they ever watched Saban, Muscamp, Smart or any other head coach that wants to win not do the same thing? Heck as a coach, coaching my on sons, I’ve grabbed their face mask. That’s with their momma in the stands too!

SeabeeVol, NYY, tfannon and 10 others like this.
  11. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

It's been decades since I got up on Sunday morning and the first thing on my mind was the frigging football game.
    Thinking in spite of the zebras shitting their pants we had the LED blinking turd heads on their heels with an inept QB.
    In all these years, I've never seen a so-so QB in year 2 go to a so-terrible QB in year 3.
    After the face mask thing, Pruitt should have just kicked him in the butt when he turned around, for the icing on the cake.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

utvol0427 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely witnessed John Wade Tucker literally kick the scout team qb’s ass at least once

SeabeeVol likes this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Holy shit lol

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I watched a coach pick a player up one handed by his jersey and later smack a guy upside the head for screwing up for the millionth time. He did apologize to the second guy.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I actually agree with Rucker on this one.

Coaches shouldn't be yanking facemasks.

But Pruitt wasn't violent or on a power trip when he grabbed JG. I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over that.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seek help.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

No oxford comma. Can’t take it seriously.

warhammer likes this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t get it. Maybe it’s my age. I was 10 years old when I got tackled by a younger kid who shoestringed me. Next thing I know coach is swatting my butt. “Pick up your feet!” So what? I hate the softness that is so embraced. You’re telling me a football coach touched a players mask in such a way that worst case it’s a 15yd penalty on a player (should be incidental) for overriding a play call that turned into a Fumble Six...and that’s an issue??? No! No! No!

I could rant...but as much as I doubt Pruitt STOCK UP for giving enough of a damn to show it.

20. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

I greatly respected John Tucker. When my son played, his team was always our toughest opponent, because of his coaching.
    At the region banquet, he told my son he could be on his team anytime.
    Of course, that won me over also.
    Thanks for posting, that brings back fond memories.

SeabeeVol and JohnnyQuickkick like this.