Terrible officials

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 20, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama caught off guard? "Play clock is broke"

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pass interference? Nah

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Standing up

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It was bad. How late was the push on Maurer?

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The delayed time out to prevent delay of game.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

there are going to be bad call so I usually don't get this into it, but too many drive killing/extending, td taken away/given and game winning/losing calls were made last night. Football is a game of momentum and it can change at any time on any play, including zebras blowing the whistle for no reason and absolutely killing momentum. The type of call or stoppage that flips games, happened to us too much not to talk about it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There needs to be a national officiating system. Like, conferences shouldn't have any direct management of them.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The refs were the game. All the momentum in the world was on our side, and then they took away a TD with a phantom hold, failed to call a PI on a 3rd down throw to the end zone, and then kept a Bama drive alive with a BS call that turned a 4th and 10 into a 1st and 10. That was the game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did this tweet get deleted?

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Targeting. Upon review.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

There was enough bad stuff last night that affected the game. Not sure if it changes the W-L outcome but it definitely would have it made it more interesting and it would have went down to the wire, no doubt.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We should all call the SEC offices tomorrow at (205) 458-3000, ask for Steve Shaw, and see his explanation.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The refs were under orders to get Bama out of this game #1 to set up the game with LSU. I didn't used to believe this went on but my older, wiser and more cynical self knows sports is way more manipulated than we knew.

reVOLt, kptvol and Oldvol75 like this.
  16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Was it Groves that said Pruitt should get fined after the game? I agree.

He should bring his checkbook to a presser. Say “It was my understanding the refs stopped the game because there was some confusion on the field aight. Sure and that confusion was how the hell is Tennessee in this football game...aight. THAT was the confusion. I dare you to watch the game and disagree. So how much this gonna cost me? Let’s settle up right now. Here’s $10,000...bill me for the rest. See ya Saturday (walk out)”

Memtownvol and dc4utvols like this.
  17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

18. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!