Jimmy Hyams

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 28, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On Nashville radio, his first comment on the South Carolina game:

"All the players that made plays were Butch's boys"

I can't stand him

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One of the many reasons I don't listen to Nashville radio. Them being dumb enough to get their Tennessee Football information from Hyams is at the top.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Wtf

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

jimmy is butch's boy

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He’s worthless.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

While factually correct, at least one of these 'butch's boys' was kicked off the team for calling Butch a giant vagina.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Butch's boys now wear crimson and he watches their car dealer rentals. STFU Jimmy

warhammer likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dare jimmy to go up to Jennings and tell him he's Butch's boy.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'd pay to watch that

warhammer likes this.
  10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I heard it as well.

And of course he followed that with (paraphrasing) "I kept telling all these people that wanted the younger guys to replace Butch's players you need them to win."

Of course he fails to mention no one has ever said Jennings, Calloway, Smith, Chandler, Taylor, Bituli needed to be bench for younger guys. But rather the guys that have gotten passed and havent bought in need to be benched and moved on from asap.

I think it kills him that Pruitt actually has it pointed in the right direction.

104.5's UT insider bringing the goods.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Watch the Sunday Sports Source (it’s on YouTube), and how they’ve handled Pruitt’s first two years vs how they handled Butch’s last two. The shroud of protection the Haslam’s provided for (insisted upon? threatened?) Butch isn’t there for Pruitt.

If the local media had been as scrutinizingly negative of Dooley and Butch as they’ve been of Pruitt, neither would have made it to their third season.

And while I don’t drink, I’d like to see someone start a drinking game for that show, where you’ve got to take a shot for every instance where they say they’re smarter than everyone, or that everyone is dumber than them, or strongly allude to either.

You’d be soused after the first segment, and likely dead by the end of the show.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Interesting idea.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is Pennington on that show? He is the most arrogant, know nothing, shit head that has ever discussed UT Sports. He makes Jimmy Hyams seem intelligent and grounded in comparison.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We've got a bunch of mostly unheralded recruits playing better than any DL Butch ever had, despite him having a boatload of four and five stars.

How good would we be with a bunch of Butch OL guys right now? And Will Ignont? And who was it that blew the first two games? Wasn't he a Butch recruit?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Butch's Boys are 3-5 and that's 2 more wins than Butch would have with them. I do find it interesting someone like Henry To'o To'o didn't make any plays, though.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's the middle of year 2. if they're still here then they are Pruitt's now.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Or worse, play that game with this site.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Bryce Thompson, Kenneth George, Jaylen McCullough, Darel Middleton, Wayna Morris, Darnell Wright, Jahmir Johnson or Brandon Kennedy

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Goodness, I haven't listened all year. Just terrible.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He had his panties all in a wad not too long ago about people claiming they knew Butch sucked early on. "No you didn't."