2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He spent the weekend in Knoxville on his official visit taking in the Vols 41-21 win over South Carolina and left Rocky Top impressed with everything.

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/b...ity-for-jeremy-pruitt-and-the-vols?yptr=yahoo

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Losing Ojulari sucks, but it's part of the game. We'll no doubt turn a few towards us, like the Whitehaven kid and, hopefully, a couple of others. I'd like to see a true stud come into the fold, like we had last year with Morris, Wright and To'o To'o. The LB from Utah seems to fit this mold.

chavisut likes this.
  3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Washington would be huge. Huge TE with skills.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If we keep developing guys like Kivon Bennett, it doesn't matter as much on guys like Ojulari. At some point we will start landing elite guys, but if you take mid level talent and get them to perform on the big stage we will he fine.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Darnell Washington, the TE/jumbo athlete and Thaiu Jones-Bell are two others

There's an outside chance Tennessee lands Trenton Simpson, a stud linebacker from North Carolina that decommitted from Auburn. He's probably a Tar Heel, but Tennessee is still hanging around

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Ehhhh

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think to an extent we're going to have to do that. But the end game should definitely be landing and keeping guys like Ojulari. If we have to play the Rick Barnes long game to get there, so be it.

chavisut likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We need edge rushers. Bennett has looked really good at times.
    Roman looked to me like he was getting hit in the facemask on almost every down when he came in

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DeAndre Johnson is only a pass rusher, but he's good at it. Jordan Allen may turn into one once he's healthy.

Harrison and Crouch are only going to get better with experience.

Tennessee needs more

chavisut likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

To do this you have to nail it with your evaluations every class.

chavisut and justingroves like this.
  11. chavisut

Bennett is coming along well. I think he'll step into Taylor's spot. I expect Crouch will be the other inside backer because we're limited there too. The Haven trio could find some PT out of necessity.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yes. For what they want out of the OLB, Crouch may be too limited. And this is coming from someone who loves Crouch.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Not saying we just settle for 2 or 3 star prospects every time, just saying I'm not worried long term because our coaches are developing guys really well right now. The start studded guys will start lining up if we keep developing the mid level guys and are getting good results out of them.

Just not gonna worry myself to death over Ojulari. We'll fine someone else to replace him.

14. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Ojulari will get interesting again. Word is Gilbert used LSU to get his buddy a legit offer and has no intentions of actually signing there.

15. chavisut

Hardy visiting Auburn weekend before announcement....

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Why do you think we didn’t see him at all versus USC?

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

put him at running back

19. chavisut

LB all the way.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He played sparingly. He had one big hit on a kickoff

Tenacious D likes this.