Fun game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 26, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was cathartic

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I doubt this can ever be beaten, simply because it was such a perfect meeting of so many unique factors.....and a culmination of years of frustration.

Most hated team, most hated coach who shit-talked us the whole time, five game losing streak, had just beaten Peyton all four years, had shit-housed us at home recently before, they had single-handledly robbed us of multiple SEC chances, night game, late game, both teams were undefeated & each at their apex of strength, night game, nail-biter, game for the ages by arguably the most-beloved Vol of all time, the game was completely in doubt until one one surprisingly singular moment of victory.

Pandemonium reigned.

A-Smith, **TDCVOL** and justingroves like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Best friend was in the student section for that game, and when the field was rushed, he said it was like being caught in a land slide. You HAD to go onto the field or you would have been crushed.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

[ock cay] fight?

Oldvol75 likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

I don’t remember anything from the upper deck to the field. Left my friends, and my ride.

Got down to the edge of the brick wall and a girl had fallen and was laying right at the base, obviously injured and/or drunk or both, and directly where people were landing from the jump. Dozen cops or so were surrounding her, trying to keep her safe from people jumping over near her (you couldn’t see her until you were on too of the wall...at the last second). They were catching others in midair if they jumped near her and just heaved them toward the field. Like crowd surfing, but you wipe out after a very short ride.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I hope to experience this next year when Pruitt drags his balls across Saban's face to end the streak.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was in Section G. That’s exactly how I’ve described it

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep. I had, miraculously, scored tickets in the student section, 7th row and on the 10 yard line. One of the most memorable nights of my life.

It was insanely hot, even at that late hour, and the student section was packed, so I nearly had to sit sideways. The missed FG was right in front of me and I remember the fans getting hushed for the first time all night. Then, the ones sitting behind the goal posts were the only people going nuts for a split second, right before the refs signaled it was no good. For about 1.5 seconds there was a disbelief of "Holy shit, we won!?". At that moment, I turned to look at the crowd behind me, wondering if the pre-game chatter of rushing the field was true, and, to my near panic, it was. I've never had thousands of people sliding down towards me before or since, but I realized I had to [uck fay]ing go, right then. I got my foot stuck on the wall bordering the field and seriously thought I might lose it. Made it, though, and celebrated well into the night.

Damn, I miss college.

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

10. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Jim Chaney hasn't been this fired up since someone offered him a salad.

reVOLt and justingroves like this.
  11. Tenacious D

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

smokysbark likes this.
  13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I haven't watched this 41 times in a row. Nope.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

We get the sooners next season minus J Hurts, ask for the K state film coach.

17. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I feel a lot better about that game now than I did 3 weeks ago.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm sure they'll get some other stand out transfer.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

JG. He wins the heisman while the Vols can't find a QB to throw it past the LOS due to injuries, eligibility problems, you name it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

May get a transfer but they already have the #1 QB in nation from last year's class sitting behind Hurts (Spencer Rattler).