UAB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 1, 2019.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Clearly we were setting Cimaglia up to get the Groza.

Him flexing on UAB after after the 53 yarder was highlight of the night.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Best moment was the UAB receiver stretching to get the chains, jumping up to signal first down..........and it was 4th and 10

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah that was awesome

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could tell both they and their fans thought they were going to win yesterday. Nope.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

To be fair, they gave up 4 turnovers on the road to an SEC opponent and only lost by 23.

If JG takes the predominant snaps going forward, I wouldn’t pick us to win any of the final 3 games.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hopefully Maurer will be available.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And it wasn't until the 4th one that they were really out of it

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The jackass that hit Trey Smith late had to go one on one with him the next snap. I'm pretty sure Trey punched him in the throat as Chandler walked into the endzone

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To his credit, he gained 11 yards. That was one of the longest offensive plays of the night for UAB

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch gave them 5 star hearts

11. CardinalVol

Meh, they were out of it once we went up 16-0.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Y’all see this at the Vol Walk yesterday? Not only is he doing it right with a felt hat (straw cowboy hats are for warm weather, felt for cold), but it actually looks good on him.

upload_2019-11-3_15-26-50.jpeg

warhammer, Oldvol75 and TBSVOL like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They couldn't [uck fay]ing score, they were out of it as soon as we had more than 7 points.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just pity the horse.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That was after the 4th TO, wasn't it?

16. CardinalVol

4th put us up 23 0.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

To be fair, we destroyed them. Only complaint about it should be that it could’ve been 56 instead of 30

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ah ok

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It was a trap game and it had the best possible outcome. For the 5th week in a row, this staff continues to get the best effort out of its defense. Not only are we stuffing the run and crashing the pocket but we are also sticking and gang tackling ball carriers that get outside on us. I have never seen a Tennessee defense kill boundary plays as well as this one has been doing.

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm just concerned the continuous fascination with trying to keep JG as "the" QB is going to cost us one or two more games this year. Surely to God Pruitt realizes this and won't allow him to continue to be a liability. I'm hoping he was just thinking that there was no reason to bang up Maurer or Shrout against UAB and save them for the final three ballgames.

Whether he knows it or not, IMO only, it's of the highest importance for Pruitt to get to a bowl game this year. He can buy himself another mediocre year next year if he gets in any bowl in 2019. If they trip up and lose two of the last three it will be really ugly going into 2020. If he goes 2-1 and gets to 6-6 most people will give him a bit of a pass heading to next year provided he can maintain a good recruiting class. If they go 3-0 to finish the season 7-5 in the regular season it will be a HUGE deal.

I'm just hoping that he's not going to rely on JG to get us to 6-6. If that's his plan, we are just as likely to go 4-8.