UAB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 1, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

UK is going to have a hard time moving the ball against a defense playing like the Vols were yesterday.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maurer keeps from getting injured, Guarantano's already in Piscataway.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There aren't many teams consistently moving the ball against Tennessee right now.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If the offense doesn’t help UK by turning it over, I’m not sure they score at all against our first team defense.

justingroves likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A team will eventually burn Pruitt when he blitzes Shamburger or Thompson, but it hasn't happened yet.

The pressure is coming from everywhere and Taylor is extremely quick coming off the edge

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Im just concerned about their qbs legs coming off a bye and we are drained today. I dont know how hard we will practice this week and could go either way imo He looks like the Gst qb when he runs around.
    For me, a win up there after the start we have had, some attrition, running the gauntlet of UF, UGA and bama, losing the kid QB who changed the outlook on the staff and program, would be the best overall coaching job of the year for Pruitt. He has to decide whether to push them or not this week. On a qb (shrout shoulda had 2 picks unfortunately. Id still play him)
    Worried about seeing an '09 at Ole Miss situation.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Taylor doesn't have the nimbleness to beat a good tackle on speed alone, but he has added a skip that allows him to get tackles off balance enough to beat them inside. I also think he's lining up just a tad further outside on passing downs.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tenacious D is better at this than you

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Won’t KY’s offense be exactly the same as it was last year? Minus Snell even. I think a defensive battle. I bet KY doesn’t score 10 points.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, Kentucky is down at least one, probably two quarterbacks

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yeah. Pruitt shut down the Wilson guy last year. I’m assuming he can shut down Bowden this year.

12. Ssmiff

Man I aint playing. Plus, who is our qb? This is Kys game of the year. We came off the bye last year if i recall and fresh legs were evident

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Who is their QB?

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

We played Charlotte last year before KY and only won 14-3 so fresh legs probably weren’t a factor.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Pookie Jones or Billy Jack Haskins

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If Jared Lorenzen shows up, we will lose

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been Kentucky's game of the year my entire life. They're 2-33.

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And those two losses came with 2 of the worst coaches Tennessee has ever had.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

I just dont feel good about it. I wish their other qbs were playing and its an easy W. I dont like the looks of some of the QB runs ky has put in that gets him in space vs an lb or safety and hes faster than anyone on defense. We couldnt move the ball vs Mizzou last year with JG, and this kid ran for over 200 when they knew it was coming. Hopefully we can put 8 in the box and disrupt, but all considered and assuming JG plays early, I dont like it.

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I’ll say one thing about UAB’s nose guard. I’d like to have him in Orange. That kid can play.

SeabeeVol, justingroves and NYY like this.