2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was always talking ball. We just didn't and don't agree.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

halftime of exhibition up 52-28. Bowden and Lamonte look good and Lamonte handling the ball a little better. Newcomer Gaines has some length to defend. Kent looks like he won't do much. Fulky dominated first few minutes. Jalen Johnson looks same. Pons a factor rebounding and blocked shots and needs to stay down low. Newcomer Pember looks better than Kent. The guy from Finland is smoothe but needs a lot of work as expected. JJJ will need to take over at some point but his release looks raw. At one point we had Gaines, Jalen, JJJ, Pons and Fulk, all lefties.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did the big guy ever get cleared?

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Don't think so

5. Ssmiff

no and its ridiculous. This team of course looks a lot different. Ball seldom goes to the post, but we do have a couple of guys in Turner and JJJ who can draw and dish. Lots of high picks on ball, which is cool

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

James looks good, but not one and done good, which will be great for next year's group coming in.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

smoothe, except for his shot. Big too. Body of a jr.

8. BigOrangeBeech

This team can make the tournament.

We will take our lumps this year, which is expected, losing as much as we did from last year's team, but this team still has some ability.

Can't afford injury to Bowden or Turner. They are the leaders and are gonna be relied upon to score. James brings a nice drive and dish guy to the table, and once he settles in I think he'll be a good mid range scoring guy.

I like the potential of Nkamhoua and Pember. I like Pember better than Fulkerson already. But both those guys will only get better as they put on more muscle over time with strength training.

Need one of the big guys to step up and be another scorer to go along with the guards. And itd be nice if Plavsic can get eligible. Really need him.

I think defensively we will be fine. But its going to interesting to see what we do offensively against good teams.

9. Ssmiff

turned ankle is gonna put Pember behind a little. He def moves better than expected and knows what he's doing.

10. Ssmiff

tough little matchup early. Asheville getting up in us early. Fulk has been all over the place. Lamonte bothered by pressure. JJJ smoothe but no shot. Dude from Finland is strong for a freshman but needs to go harder. Pons looks ok early. Comfortable on the block but hit a nba top of key 3 off pick and pop

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Whooooole lot of unforced errors.

Think this team will be all over the place this year. Hopefully the young guys get some good experience and improve.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah really sloppy tonight.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

12 first half turnovers...that will have Barnes dropping every clean version of a four letter word in the locker room.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Turner and Bowden aren't good ballhandlers under pressure. #5 looks comfortable with it and uses his size.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s easy to see why Barnes is trying to add the PG from Uruguay to next year’s class.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Pons looks a lot more comfortable. Not gonna score 15 many times but he just looks better

17. JohnnyQuickkick

That last 4:00 was awful.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm a little concerned about where the scoring will come from against top level opponents. Still think we win about 18-20 games, but the two awful recruiting classes of 2017 and 18 will have their effect.

We could've really used Blackshear. Low post presence isn't ideal and Kent surely must be in his last year in Knoxville, especially if we are over-signing.

19. BigOrangeBeech

There will be a lot of up and down with this team. There will not be consistency in scoring I'm afraid, which is to be expected after losing what we lost last year. But this team will generally play good defense, they got a little lazy at times tonight but hopefully that gets better as the season goes on. Pons with a good game, need him to step up this year.

Gotta clean up turnovers too. Way too many, especially from the guards. We clean that up and tighten up on D to end both halfs and it's a 30 point victory.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

James with 2 points? Against UNCA? Yikes.